Borough produce solid display to secure first ever win in the Bostik Premier
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Brightlingsea Regent 0 Haringey Borough 2
Haringey Borough claimed their first win in the Bostik Premier last night with a solid 2-0 win at Brightlingsea Regent.
Both clubs got off the mark for the season last weekend with Tom Loizou’s men drawing 2-2 at home to Bognor Regis Town and Regent stunning Kingstonian 3-2 on the road.
The two sides, who were previously Bostik North foes, renewed acquaintances at Taydal Stadium and it was the visitors who prevailed.
A penalty was awarded to Borough just before the break and summer signing Joel Nouble stepped up and fired home in the 41st minute to make it 1-0 at half time.
Loizou’s chargers began the second period strongly too and doubled their advantage with 62 on the clock when Chinedu McKenzie found the net.
Haringey made changes towards the end of the game with Georgios Aresti replaced by Ruaridh Kay and ex-Orient trainee Charley Barker coming off for Jamie O’Donoghue.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 3 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 4 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 5 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 6 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 7 Barnet, Camden and Haringey receive boost for low vaccine uptake
- 8 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 9 Hampstead Heath past and present at new exhibition of London
- 10 Pond Street potholes causing 'mini earthquake' and 'damage to homes'
It only helped Borough remain solid in the dying exchanges as they held on for a fine win on the road which was their first at step three of the non-league pyramid.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Kirby, Mitchell, O’Donoghue; Stone, Aresti, Barker; McKenzie, Nouble, Akinwande.
Unused substitutes: Byfield, Gordon.