Borough produce solid display to secure first ever win in the Bostik Premier
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Brightlingsea Regent 0 Haringey Borough 2
Haringey Borough claimed their first win in the Bostik Premier last night with a solid 2-0 win at Brightlingsea Regent.
Both clubs got off the mark for the season last weekend with Tom Loizou’s men drawing 2-2 at home to Bognor Regis Town and Regent stunning Kingstonian 3-2 on the road.
The two sides, who were previously Bostik North foes, renewed acquaintances at Taydal Stadium and it was the visitors who prevailed.
A penalty was awarded to Borough just before the break and summer signing Joel Nouble stepped up and fired home in the 41st minute to make it 1-0 at half time.
You may also want to watch:
Loizou’s chargers began the second period strongly too and doubled their advantage with 62 on the clock when Chinedu McKenzie found the net.
Haringey made changes towards the end of the game with Georgios Aresti replaced by Ruaridh Kay and ex-Orient trainee Charley Barker coming off for Jamie O’Donoghue.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
It only helped Borough remain solid in the dying exchanges as they held on for a fine win on the road which was their first at step three of the non-league pyramid.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Kirby, Mitchell, O’Donoghue; Stone, Aresti, Barker; McKenzie, Nouble, Akinwande.
Unused substitutes: Byfield, Gordon.