Borough produce solid display to secure first ever win in the Bostik Premier
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Brightlingsea Regent 0 Haringey Borough 2
Haringey Borough claimed their first win in the Bostik Premier last night with a solid 2-0 win at Brightlingsea Regent.
Both clubs got off the mark for the season last weekend with Tom Loizou’s men drawing 2-2 at home to Bognor Regis Town and Regent stunning Kingstonian 3-2 on the road.
The two sides, who were previously Bostik North foes, renewed acquaintances at Taydal Stadium and it was the visitors who prevailed.
A penalty was awarded to Borough just before the break and summer signing Joel Nouble stepped up and fired home in the 41st minute to make it 1-0 at half time.
You may also want to watch:
Loizou’s chargers began the second period strongly too and doubled their advantage with 62 on the clock when Chinedu McKenzie found the net.
Haringey made changes towards the end of the game with Georgios Aresti replaced by Ruaridh Kay and ex-Orient trainee Charley Barker coming off for Jamie O’Donoghue.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
It only helped Borough remain solid in the dying exchanges as they held on for a fine win on the road which was their first at step three of the non-league pyramid.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Kirby, Mitchell, O’Donoghue; Stone, Aresti, Barker; McKenzie, Nouble, Akinwande.
Unused substitutes: Byfield, Gordon.