Borough produce solid display to secure first ever win in the Bostik Premier
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Brightlingsea Regent 0 Haringey Borough 2
Haringey Borough claimed their first win in the Bostik Premier last night with a solid 2-0 win at Brightlingsea Regent.
Both clubs got off the mark for the season last weekend with Tom Loizou’s men drawing 2-2 at home to Bognor Regis Town and Regent stunning Kingstonian 3-2 on the road.
The two sides, who were previously Bostik North foes, renewed acquaintances at Taydal Stadium and it was the visitors who prevailed.
A penalty was awarded to Borough just before the break and summer signing Joel Nouble stepped up and fired home in the 41st minute to make it 1-0 at half time.
You may also want to watch:
Loizou’s chargers began the second period strongly too and doubled their advantage with 62 on the clock when Chinedu McKenzie found the net.
Haringey made changes towards the end of the game with Georgios Aresti replaced by Ruaridh Kay and ex-Orient trainee Charley Barker coming off for Jamie O’Donoghue.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 9 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
It only helped Borough remain solid in the dying exchanges as they held on for a fine win on the road which was their first at step three of the non-league pyramid.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Kirby, Mitchell, O’Donoghue; Stone, Aresti, Barker; McKenzie, Nouble, Akinwande.
Unused substitutes: Byfield, Gordon.