Borough produce solid display to secure first ever win in the Bostik Premier
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Brightlingsea Regent 0 Haringey Borough 2
Haringey Borough claimed their first win in the Bostik Premier last night with a solid 2-0 win at Brightlingsea Regent.
Both clubs got off the mark for the season last weekend with Tom Loizou’s men drawing 2-2 at home to Bognor Regis Town and Regent stunning Kingstonian 3-2 on the road.
The two sides, who were previously Bostik North foes, renewed acquaintances at Taydal Stadium and it was the visitors who prevailed.
A penalty was awarded to Borough just before the break and summer signing Joel Nouble stepped up and fired home in the 41st minute to make it 1-0 at half time.
Loizou’s chargers began the second period strongly too and doubled their advantage with 62 on the clock when Chinedu McKenzie found the net.
Haringey made changes towards the end of the game with Georgios Aresti replaced by Ruaridh Kay and ex-Orient trainee Charley Barker coming off for Jamie O’Donoghue.
- 1 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 2 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 3 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 4 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 5 Camden councillors set to give themselves a pay rise
- 6 George Michael's Highgate piano to be auctioned off
- 7 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 8 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 9 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 10 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
It only helped Borough remain solid in the dying exchanges as they held on for a fine win on the road which was their first at step three of the non-league pyramid.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Kirby, Mitchell, O’Donoghue; Stone, Aresti, Barker; McKenzie, Nouble, Akinwande.
Unused substitutes: Byfield, Gordon.