Boxing: White Hart Lane pair Sherif Musak and Jeamie Tshikeva win London Elite ABA titles
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
There was double joy for White Hart Lane ABC at the London ABA Elite Championships, with two of their members taking titles.
Heavyweight Sherif Musak and super heavyweight Jeamie Tshikeva both won their bouts to take the regional titles.
Musak took on Ben Vickers of Miguels in his final and started brightly, taking the fight to his opponent.
Vickers suffered a nasty cut above his left eye, which eventually led to the fight being called off towards the end of round one, handing Musak the win.
You may also want to watch:
Club colleague Tshikeva, meanwhile, outpointed Courtney Bennett of Double Jab in his final to take the title.
The triumphant White Hart Lane pair now progress to take part in the national quarter-finals, which take place at the University of East London on April 20.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
The semi-finals take place at the same venue the following day, before the final at the iconic York Hall in Bethnal Green on April 22.