Boxing: White Hart Lane pair Sherif Musak and Jeamie Tshikeva win London Elite ABA titles
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
There was double joy for White Hart Lane ABC at the London ABA Elite Championships, with two of their members taking titles.
Heavyweight Sherif Musak and super heavyweight Jeamie Tshikeva both won their bouts to take the regional titles.
Musak took on Ben Vickers of Miguels in his final and started brightly, taking the fight to his opponent.
Vickers suffered a nasty cut above his left eye, which eventually led to the fight being called off towards the end of round one, handing Musak the win.
Club colleague Tshikeva, meanwhile, outpointed Courtney Bennett of Double Jab in his final to take the title.
The triumphant White Hart Lane pair now progress to take part in the national quarter-finals, which take place at the University of East London on April 20.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 4 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 5 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 6 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 9 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 10 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
The semi-finals take place at the same venue the following day, before the final at the iconic York Hall in Bethnal Green on April 22.