Boxing: White Hart Lane pair Sherif Musak and Jeamie Tshikeva win London Elite ABA titles
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
There was double joy for White Hart Lane ABC at the London ABA Elite Championships, with two of their members taking titles.
Heavyweight Sherif Musak and super heavyweight Jeamie Tshikeva both won their bouts to take the regional titles.
Musak took on Ben Vickers of Miguels in his final and started brightly, taking the fight to his opponent.
Vickers suffered a nasty cut above his left eye, which eventually led to the fight being called off towards the end of round one, handing Musak the win.
You may also want to watch:
Club colleague Tshikeva, meanwhile, outpointed Courtney Bennett of Double Jab in his final to take the title.
The triumphant White Hart Lane pair now progress to take part in the national quarter-finals, which take place at the University of East London on April 20.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
The semi-finals take place at the same venue the following day, before the final at the iconic York Hall in Bethnal Green on April 22.