Boxing: Robbie Chapman begins quest for London Elite Championship glory
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Chalk Farm middleweight Robbie Chapman has been entered into the London Elite Championships by his club, IQ Neasden.
The championships begin on Thursday with the quarter-finals, which take place at the Tottenham Community Sports Centre, starting at 2pm.
The semi-finals will then take place at the same venue the following day, with a 7.30pm start.
The final will take place at the Royal National Hotel in Russell Square on March 29 and get underway at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Middleweight Chapman works as a caretaker in Regent High School in Charlton Street, Camden.
In his spare time, Chapman coaches young boxers at the Somers Town Community Sports Centre every Thursday.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
Chapman will hope his can maintain his good amateur record in the London Elite Championship, having won 22 of his 31 fights to date.
However, he will be fully aware how tough that might prove to be against some of the capital’s best amateurs.