Boxing: Robbie Chapman begins quest for London Elite Championship glory
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Chalk Farm middleweight Robbie Chapman has been entered into the London Elite Championships by his club, IQ Neasden.
The championships begin on Thursday with the quarter-finals, which take place at the Tottenham Community Sports Centre, starting at 2pm.
The semi-finals will then take place at the same venue the following day, with a 7.30pm start.
The final will take place at the Royal National Hotel in Russell Square on March 29 and get underway at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Middleweight Chapman works as a caretaker in Regent High School in Charlton Street, Camden.
In his spare time, Chapman coaches young boxers at the Somers Town Community Sports Centre every Thursday.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 3 Gospel Oak Football Club: A team with roots firmly in the community
- 4 Tottenham Hotspur host Everton in mouthwatering clash
- 5 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 6 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 9 Highgate's Harington Scheme donates clothes to families and hostels
- 10 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
Chapman will hope his can maintain his good amateur record in the London Elite Championship, having won 22 of his 31 fights to date.
However, he will be fully aware how tough that might prove to be against some of the capital’s best amateurs.