Boxing: Robbie Chapman begins quest for London Elite Championship glory
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Chalk Farm middleweight Robbie Chapman has been entered into the London Elite Championships by his club, IQ Neasden.
The championships begin on Thursday with the quarter-finals, which take place at the Tottenham Community Sports Centre, starting at 2pm.
The semi-finals will then take place at the same venue the following day, with a 7.30pm start.
The final will take place at the Royal National Hotel in Russell Square on March 29 and get underway at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Middleweight Chapman works as a caretaker in Regent High School in Charlton Street, Camden.
In his spare time, Chapman coaches young boxers at the Somers Town Community Sports Centre every Thursday.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
Chapman will hope his can maintain his good amateur record in the London Elite Championship, having won 22 of his 31 fights to date.
However, he will be fully aware how tough that might prove to be against some of the capital’s best amateurs.