Boxing: Nicola Adams ready for Leeds homecoming
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Haringey ABC amateur back in action this weekend
Former Haringey ABC amateur and double Olympic flyweight champion Nicola Adams will face Soledad del Valle Frias in Leeds on Saturday.
The 35-year-old will fight the three-time world title challenger on the undercard of the IBF world featherweight bout between holder Lee Selby and Josh Warrington.
The card will take place at Leeds United’s Elland Road groun, so it will be an emotional homecoming for Adams, who grew up in the Yorkshire city.
Adams will be looking to maintain her 100 per cent record in the pro ranks with a win, taking another step towards a world title fight in the process.
You may also want to watch:
Known as ‘The Lioness’, Adams was last in the ring in December, stopping Soledad Macedo in Laval, Canada.
Former Finchley ABC amateur Mo Gharib will return to the ring at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
The unbeaten lightweight, who has won his two previous fights, will take on Joe Beenden from Swindon.