Boxing: Nicola Adams ready for Leeds homecoming
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Haringey ABC amateur back in action this weekend
Former Haringey ABC amateur and double Olympic flyweight champion Nicola Adams will face Soledad del Valle Frias in Leeds on Saturday.
The 35-year-old will fight the three-time world title challenger on the undercard of the IBF world featherweight bout between holder Lee Selby and Josh Warrington.
The card will take place at Leeds United’s Elland Road groun, so it will be an emotional homecoming for Adams, who grew up in the Yorkshire city.
Adams will be looking to maintain her 100 per cent record in the pro ranks with a win, taking another step towards a world title fight in the process.
You may also want to watch:
Known as ‘The Lioness’, Adams was last in the ring in December, stopping Soledad Macedo in Laval, Canada.
Former Finchley ABC amateur Mo Gharib will return to the ring at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
The unbeaten lightweight, who has won his two previous fights, will take on Joe Beenden from Swindon.