Boxing: Nicola Adams ready for Leeds homecoming
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Haringey ABC amateur back in action this weekend
Former Haringey ABC amateur and double Olympic flyweight champion Nicola Adams will face Soledad del Valle Frias in Leeds on Saturday.
The 35-year-old will fight the three-time world title challenger on the undercard of the IBF world featherweight bout between holder Lee Selby and Josh Warrington.
The card will take place at Leeds United’s Elland Road groun, so it will be an emotional homecoming for Adams, who grew up in the Yorkshire city.
Adams will be looking to maintain her 100 per cent record in the pro ranks with a win, taking another step towards a world title fight in the process.
You may also want to watch:
Known as ‘The Lioness’, Adams was last in the ring in December, stopping Soledad Macedo in Laval, Canada.
Former Finchley ABC amateur Mo Gharib will return to the ring at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
The unbeaten lightweight, who has won his two previous fights, will take on Joe Beenden from Swindon.