Boxing: Nicola Adams ready for Leeds homecoming
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Haringey ABC amateur back in action this weekend
Former Haringey ABC amateur and double Olympic flyweight champion Nicola Adams will face Soledad del Valle Frias in Leeds on Saturday.
The 35-year-old will fight the three-time world title challenger on the undercard of the IBF world featherweight bout between holder Lee Selby and Josh Warrington.
The card will take place at Leeds United’s Elland Road groun, so it will be an emotional homecoming for Adams, who grew up in the Yorkshire city.
Adams will be looking to maintain her 100 per cent record in the pro ranks with a win, taking another step towards a world title fight in the process.
Known as ‘The Lioness’, Adams was last in the ring in December, stopping Soledad Macedo in Laval, Canada.
Former Finchley ABC amateur Mo Gharib will return to the ring at York Hall on Saturday.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 7 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 8 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 9 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 10 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
The unbeaten lightweight, who has won his two previous fights, will take on Joe Beenden from Swindon.