Boxing: Jeamie Tshikeva beaten in England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-finals
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
White Hart Lane super heavyweight Jeamie Tshikeva lost his England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final at the University of East London.
Tshikeva took on Double Jab rival Courtney Bennett in the last eight tie and there was little between them in the first round.
However, a cut opened up above Tshikeva’s eye, prompting the doctor to take a look at it, before the contest was stopped.
With Bennett having the edge in the first round, it meant Tshikeva suffered a defeat on points.
Haringey featherweight Amy Andrews also suffered a defeat in her England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final.
Andrews looked to be on course for a victory in her last eight tie against a rival from the United Kingdom Armed Forces (UKAF).
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 5 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 6 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
However, the Haringey boxer was on the wrong end of a split decision as her hopes of national glory ended.
Club colleague Deayndra Allen lost her semi-final against Stephane Wroe of the UKAF on a unanimous decision after receiving a walkover in the quarter-finals.