Boxing: Jeamie Tshikeva beaten in England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-finals
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
White Hart Lane super heavyweight Jeamie Tshikeva lost his England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final at the University of East London.
Tshikeva took on Double Jab rival Courtney Bennett in the last eight tie and there was little between them in the first round.
However, a cut opened up above Tshikeva’s eye, prompting the doctor to take a look at it, before the contest was stopped.
With Bennett having the edge in the first round, it meant Tshikeva suffered a defeat on points.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey featherweight Amy Andrews also suffered a defeat in her England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final.
Andrews looked to be on course for a victory in her last eight tie against a rival from the United Kingdom Armed Forces (UKAF).
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
However, the Haringey boxer was on the wrong end of a split decision as her hopes of national glory ended.
Club colleague Deayndra Allen lost her semi-final against Stephane Wroe of the UKAF on a unanimous decision after receiving a walkover in the quarter-finals.