Boxing: Jeamie Tshikeva beaten in England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-finals
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
White Hart Lane super heavyweight Jeamie Tshikeva lost his England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final at the University of East London.
Tshikeva took on Double Jab rival Courtney Bennett in the last eight tie and there was little between them in the first round.
However, a cut opened up above Tshikeva’s eye, prompting the doctor to take a look at it, before the contest was stopped.
With Bennett having the edge in the first round, it meant Tshikeva suffered a defeat on points.
Haringey featherweight Amy Andrews also suffered a defeat in her England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final.
Andrews looked to be on course for a victory in her last eight tie against a rival from the United Kingdom Armed Forces (UKAF).
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 3 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 4 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 6 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 7 Unarmed man shot by police during prison break was ‘lawfully killed’
- 8 Father's fear autistic son will 'dive through' window of unsafe West Hampstead home
- 9 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 10 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
However, the Haringey boxer was on the wrong end of a split decision as her hopes of national glory ended.
Club colleague Deayndra Allen lost her semi-final against Stephane Wroe of the UKAF on a unanimous decision after receiving a walkover in the quarter-finals.