Boxing: Jeamie Tshikeva beaten in England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-finals
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
White Hart Lane super heavyweight Jeamie Tshikeva lost his England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final at the University of East London.
Tshikeva took on Double Jab rival Courtney Bennett in the last eight tie and there was little between them in the first round.
However, a cut opened up above Tshikeva’s eye, prompting the doctor to take a look at it, before the contest was stopped.
With Bennett having the edge in the first round, it meant Tshikeva suffered a defeat on points.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey featherweight Amy Andrews also suffered a defeat in her England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final.
Andrews looked to be on course for a victory in her last eight tie against a rival from the United Kingdom Armed Forces (UKAF).
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 6 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 7 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 8 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Sabrina Francis made Camden's first Black woman mayor
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
However, the Haringey boxer was on the wrong end of a split decision as her hopes of national glory ended.
Club colleague Deayndra Allen lost her semi-final against Stephane Wroe of the UKAF on a unanimous decision after receiving a walkover in the quarter-finals.