Boxing: Jeamie Tshikeva beaten in England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-finals
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from north London
White Hart Lane super heavyweight Jeamie Tshikeva lost his England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final at the University of East London.
Tshikeva took on Double Jab rival Courtney Bennett in the last eight tie and there was little between them in the first round.
However, a cut opened up above Tshikeva’s eye, prompting the doctor to take a look at it, before the contest was stopped.
With Bennett having the edge in the first round, it meant Tshikeva suffered a defeat on points.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey featherweight Amy Andrews also suffered a defeat in her England ABA National Elite Championships quarter-final.
Andrews looked to be on course for a victory in her last eight tie against a rival from the United Kingdom Armed Forces (UKAF).
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 10 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
However, the Haringey boxer was on the wrong end of a split decision as her hopes of national glory ended.
Club colleague Deayndra Allen lost her semi-final against Stephane Wroe of the UKAF on a unanimous decision after receiving a walkover in the quarter-finals.