Boxing: Former Finchley ABC man Anthony Joshua to defend world title against Carlos Takam
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Former Finchley ABC boxer Anthony Joshua defends his IBF and WBA world heavyweight titles against Carlos Takam in Cardiff on Saturday.
The fight takes place on a Matchroom promotion at the Principality Stadium in the Welsh capital.
Takam is ranked third by the IBF and has come in as a late replacement after mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev of Bulgaria damaged his shoulder in training.
However, the 36-year-old will not be undercooked despite taking the fight at late notice, having been in training to step in as a replacement if needed.
You may also want to watch:
It means Joshua, who started his career at the Finchley club, has had to change his training late on, having prepared for the Pulev’s height and style of boxing.
The 28-year-old, who won gold at the 2012 Olympics in London, has never been taken the distance in his 19 fights, winning all by knockouts and last beat Wladmir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium in April.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 6 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 Home of the Week: Refurbished three storey, five bedroom family home for sale in Finchley