Boxing: Finchley ABC boxers impress on Pedro ABC Open Air Show
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Finchley ABC had four boxers in action on the Pedro ABC Open Air Show in Hackney, which was held over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Nadeen Ibrahim was involved in a good, competitive contest with a Carshalton ABC rival.
In what was a close bout, Ibrahim was awarded the win on a split decision.
Jack Walsh was also given the split decision against Charlie Hudson from Marvels Lane ABC.
Walsh had a height and reach advantage over Hudson and used it to good effect in the bout.
Two Finchley BC boxers were in skill bouts, where no decision is given.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 5 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 6 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 7 'Shambles': Haringey's parking website still full of problems
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Pure Gym ready to open in Crouch End
- 10 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
Michael McDonagh took on Joshua Vassell from Putney & Roehampton ABC< while Mohammed Medhi faced a rival from Balham BC.
All of those in action on the Open Air Show hosted by Pedro ABC will hope they can continue to develop over the summer and give glimpses of their potential in the coming months.