Boxing: Ex-Haringey Police boxer Nicola Adams chasing world title fight in 2018
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Former Haringey Police boxer Nicola Adams hopes 2018 brings about a first world title fight.
Adams brought the curtain down on a fine first year as a pro last month when winning on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders’ successful WBO world middleweight title defence in Canada.
The two-time Olympic champion took on Soledo Macedo of Uruguay and claimed her third win in the paid ranks.
Adams was in control from the off, with Macedo doing well to last until the third round before the fight was brought to an early halt.
You may also want to watch:
The fight was a first for the Leeds flyweight since May and she revealed the reason for the long lay-off.
“Because I found out my mum had breast cancer, I took time off to stay with her,” she said.
- 1 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 4 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 5 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 6 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 9 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 10 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
“She’s going through radiotherapy and the treatment seems to be going well at the moment.”
Adams has won all three of her pro bouts to date, all inside the distance.