Boxing: Ex-Haringey Police boxer Nicola Adams chasing world title fight in 2018
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Former Haringey Police boxer Nicola Adams hopes 2018 brings about a first world title fight.
Adams brought the curtain down on a fine first year as a pro last month when winning on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders’ successful WBO world middleweight title defence in Canada.
The two-time Olympic champion took on Soledo Macedo of Uruguay and claimed her third win in the paid ranks.
Adams was in control from the off, with Macedo doing well to last until the third round before the fight was brought to an early halt.
You may also want to watch:
The fight was a first for the Leeds flyweight since May and she revealed the reason for the long lay-off.
“Because I found out my mum had breast cancer, I took time off to stay with her,” she said.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
“She’s going through radiotherapy and the treatment seems to be going well at the moment.”
Adams has won all three of her pro bouts to date, all inside the distance.