Boxing: Ex-Haringey Police boxer Nicola Adams chasing world title fight in 2018
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Former Haringey Police boxer Nicola Adams hopes 2018 brings about a first world title fight.
Adams brought the curtain down on a fine first year as a pro last month when winning on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders’ successful WBO world middleweight title defence in Canada.
The two-time Olympic champion took on Soledo Macedo of Uruguay and claimed her third win in the paid ranks.
Adams was in control from the off, with Macedo doing well to last until the third round before the fight was brought to an early halt.
You may also want to watch:
The fight was a first for the Leeds flyweight since May and she revealed the reason for the long lay-off.
“Because I found out my mum had breast cancer, I took time off to stay with her,” she said.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 9 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
“She’s going through radiotherapy and the treatment seems to be going well at the moment.”
Adams has won all three of her pro bouts to date, all inside the distance.