Boxing: Ex-Haringey Police boxer Nicola Adams chasing world title fight in 2018
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Former Haringey Police boxer Nicola Adams hopes 2018 brings about a first world title fight.
Adams brought the curtain down on a fine first year as a pro last month when winning on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders’ successful WBO world middleweight title defence in Canada.
The two-time Olympic champion took on Soledo Macedo of Uruguay and claimed her third win in the paid ranks.
Adams was in control from the off, with Macedo doing well to last until the third round before the fight was brought to an early halt.
You may also want to watch:
The fight was a first for the Leeds flyweight since May and she revealed the reason for the long lay-off.
“Because I found out my mum had breast cancer, I took time off to stay with her,” she said.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
“She’s going through radiotherapy and the treatment seems to be going well at the moment.”
Adams has won all three of her pro bouts to date, all inside the distance.