Boxing: Dereck Chisora to fight for EBU heavyweight title in Monte Carlo in November
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hampstead resident to face Germany’s Agit Kabayel on Monte-Carlo Boxing Bonanza bill
Hampstead boxer Dereck Chisora will challenge Agit Kabayel for the German’s EBU heavyweight title in Monte Carlo on November 4.
Chisora will hope to win the belt for the second time, having previously held it from September 2013 to November 2014.
The 33-year-old will fight on the undercard of the WBA world light heavyweight title fight between Dmitry Bivol and Trent Broadhurst, which co-headlines the Monte-Carlo Boxing Bonanza show.
Also co-headling the bill, organised by Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn, is the WBA world bantamweight title bout between holder Jamie McDonnell and Liborio Solis.
You may also want to watch:
The two fighters fought for the belt on last year’s event at the Salle des Etoiles, with Englishman McDonnell beating the Venezuelan by unanimous decision.
Scott Quigg is also in action in Monaco in November against Oleg Yefimovych, with more bouts to be announced in the coming weeks.
The fight will be screened live on Sky Sports and tickets for the event, which start at €200, can be purchased by visiting www.montecarlolive.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 00377 9806 3636.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 5 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 Camden recovers from flash floods which saw 'loose avocados flying'