Boxing: Dereck Chisora to fight for EBU heavyweight title in Monte Carlo in November
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hampstead resident to face Germany’s Agit Kabayel on Monte-Carlo Boxing Bonanza bill
Hampstead boxer Dereck Chisora will challenge Agit Kabayel for the German’s EBU heavyweight title in Monte Carlo on November 4.
Chisora will hope to win the belt for the second time, having previously held it from September 2013 to November 2014.
The 33-year-old will fight on the undercard of the WBA world light heavyweight title fight between Dmitry Bivol and Trent Broadhurst, which co-headlines the Monte-Carlo Boxing Bonanza show.
Also co-headling the bill, organised by Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn, is the WBA world bantamweight title bout between holder Jamie McDonnell and Liborio Solis.
You may also want to watch:
The two fighters fought for the belt on last year’s event at the Salle des Etoiles, with Englishman McDonnell beating the Venezuelan by unanimous decision.
Scott Quigg is also in action in Monaco in November against Oleg Yefimovych, with more bouts to be announced in the coming weeks.
The fight will be screened live on Sky Sports and tickets for the event, which start at €200, can be purchased by visiting www.montecarlolive.com, emailing email@example.com or calling 00377 9806 3636.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 6 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 7 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up