Boxing: Dereck Chisora to fight for EBU heavyweight title in Monte Carlo in November
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hampstead resident to face Germany’s Agit Kabayel on Monte-Carlo Boxing Bonanza bill
Hampstead boxer Dereck Chisora will challenge Agit Kabayel for the German’s EBU heavyweight title in Monte Carlo on November 4.
Chisora will hope to win the belt for the second time, having previously held it from September 2013 to November 2014.
The 33-year-old will fight on the undercard of the WBA world light heavyweight title fight between Dmitry Bivol and Trent Broadhurst, which co-headlines the Monte-Carlo Boxing Bonanza show.
Also co-headling the bill, organised by Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn, is the WBA world bantamweight title bout between holder Jamie McDonnell and Liborio Solis.
You may also want to watch:
The two fighters fought for the belt on last year’s event at the Salle des Etoiles, with Englishman McDonnell beating the Venezuelan by unanimous decision.
Scott Quigg is also in action in Monaco in November against Oleg Yefimovych, with more bouts to be announced in the coming weeks.
The fight will be screened live on Sky Sports and tickets for the event, which start at €200, can be purchased by visiting www.montecarlolive.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 00377 9806 3636.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'