Boxing: Anthony Joshua issues warning to Joseph Parker ahead of world heavyweight title unification bout
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fight to take place in Cardiff on March 31
Former Finchley amateur Anthony Joshua has issued a telling warning to Joseph Parker ahead of their world heavyweight title unification bout on March 31.
Joshua will put his WBA and IBF titles on the line at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium against WBO champion Parker.
The two fighters met in London for a press conference on Tuesday and the 2012 Olympic champion responded to claims from his New Zealand rival’s team that he had a weak chin.
“When you talk about myself getting dropped and what you done, it’s a marketability strategy,” said Joshua.
You may also want to watch:
“All those times it told me, it will take more than a human to stop me from where I’m destined to be, and that’s what I learnt.”
Joshua’s clash with Parker will be the first time two world champions have fought in Britain.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
The bout will also be the first fight between two unbeaten heavyweight world champions since 1987.