Boxing: Anthony Joshua issues warning to Joseph Parker ahead of world heavyweight title unification bout
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fight to take place in Cardiff on March 31
Former Finchley amateur Anthony Joshua has issued a telling warning to Joseph Parker ahead of their world heavyweight title unification bout on March 31.
Joshua will put his WBA and IBF titles on the line at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium against WBO champion Parker.
The two fighters met in London for a press conference on Tuesday and the 2012 Olympic champion responded to claims from his New Zealand rival’s team that he had a weak chin.
“When you talk about myself getting dropped and what you done, it’s a marketability strategy,” said Joshua.
“All those times it told me, it will take more than a human to stop me from where I’m destined to be, and that’s what I learnt.”
Joshua’s clash with Parker will be the first time two world champions have fought in Britain.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 3 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 4 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 5 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 6 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 7 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 8 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 9 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 10 Westminster family compensated £250 but still await council home
The bout will also be the first fight between two unbeaten heavyweight world champions since 1987.