Boxing: Anthony Joshua issues warning to Joseph Parker ahead of world heavyweight title unification bout
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fight to take place in Cardiff on March 31
Former Finchley amateur Anthony Joshua has issued a telling warning to Joseph Parker ahead of their world heavyweight title unification bout on March 31.
Joshua will put his WBA and IBF titles on the line at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium against WBO champion Parker.
The two fighters met in London for a press conference on Tuesday and the 2012 Olympic champion responded to claims from his New Zealand rival’s team that he had a weak chin.
“When you talk about myself getting dropped and what you done, it’s a marketability strategy,” said Joshua.
You may also want to watch:
“All those times it told me, it will take more than a human to stop me from where I’m destined to be, and that’s what I learnt.”
Joshua’s clash with Parker will be the first time two world champions have fought in Britain.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
The bout will also be the first fight between two unbeaten heavyweight world champions since 1987.