Boxing: Anthony Joshua issues warning to Joseph Parker ahead of world heavyweight title unification bout
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fight to take place in Cardiff on March 31
Former Finchley amateur Anthony Joshua has issued a telling warning to Joseph Parker ahead of their world heavyweight title unification bout on March 31.
Joshua will put his WBA and IBF titles on the line at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium against WBO champion Parker.
The two fighters met in London for a press conference on Tuesday and the 2012 Olympic champion responded to claims from his New Zealand rival’s team that he had a weak chin.
“When you talk about myself getting dropped and what you done, it’s a marketability strategy,” said Joshua.
You may also want to watch:
“All those times it told me, it will take more than a human to stop me from where I’m destined to be, and that’s what I learnt.”
Joshua’s clash with Parker will be the first time two world champions have fought in Britain.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
The bout will also be the first fight between two unbeaten heavyweight world champions since 1987.