Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley braced for two tough home games with Dulwich Hamlet and Billericay Town in the Bostik Premier this week
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough entertain Ware looking to make it back-to-back victories in the Bostik North after winning 1-0 at Hertford Town last Saturday
Wingate & Finchley have two tough fixtures in the Bostik Premier coming up and they go into the first one in poor form.
Keith Rowland’s team were on the receiving end of a 5-0 loss at in-form Folkestone Invicta last weekend, which extended their winless run to three.
After a stunning January, the Blues have now lost ground on the clubs above them in the race for a play-off place.
Unfortunately things don’t get any easier for Wingate over the next week, although they do have two home games to prepare for.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, title-chasing Dulwich Hamlet travel to the Maurice Rebak Stadium looking to avenge the 2-1 loss they suffered to the north Londoners on January 23.
Wingate can expect a very tricky encounter against a side pushing to win the league and after facing Hamlet, the Blues then have to prepare for the visit of Billericay Town.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa
The Essex club, who sit top of the table with games in hand, have been the talk of non-league football for over a year now since multimillionaire Glenn Tamplin completed his takeover at the end of 2016.
Billericay have numerous former Premier League and Football League players in their ranks like Alan Julian, Jamie O’Hara. Liam Hughes, Calum Butcher, Luke Rooney and Jake Robinson, but Wingate pushed them close last month.
When Tamplin’s team visited north London in the Velocity Trophy on January 16, the hosts pushed Town all the way before going down 1-0.
Although Rowland’s side will be underdogs in the two league fixtures coming up, it is in times like this when they can surprise clubs and they will hope to do that this week.
Haringey Borough will return to Coles Park for the first time since February 3 this weekend after a couple of tough away games since.
Last Saturday, Tom Loizou took his team to Hertford Town and they secured all three points following a hard-fought 1-0 win.
Borough’s Lawrence Yiga scored the only goal of the game in the 54th minute, but the north Londoners remain outside of the Bostik North play-off places.
This weekend they host struggling Ware looking to make it back-to-back victories and close the gap between themselves and the top-six.