Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley out to arrest recent slump
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Keith Rowland will expect to see a reaction from his team after ending September with back-to-back defeats
Wingate & Finchley will aim to get back on track over the next seven days when they travel to two of their Bostik Premier rivals.
Keith Rowland’s team lost 3-0 on Tuesday night away to Harrow Borough to drop to eighth in the table with 18 points from their opening 10 league games.
It was Wingate’s second defeat in a row and means the Borough have completed a double over the Blues after beating them on August 15.
Charles Banya opened the scoring after 12 minutes for the hosts and Adam Richards added another on the stroke of half time.
You may also want to watch:
Taurean Roberts then made it 3-0 in the 65th minute to conclude a bad night for Wingate at their rivals.
Rowland will expect a response on Saturday away to Tonbridge Angels, who are below the Blues in the table and three points worst off.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 8 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 9 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
After visiting Angels, Wingate travel to Met Police on Tuesday (October 10) looking to arrest their recent slide in the division.