Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley out to arrest recent slump
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Keith Rowland will expect to see a reaction from his team after ending September with back-to-back defeats
Wingate & Finchley will aim to get back on track over the next seven days when they travel to two of their Bostik Premier rivals.
Keith Rowland’s team lost 3-0 on Tuesday night away to Harrow Borough to drop to eighth in the table with 18 points from their opening 10 league games.
It was Wingate’s second defeat in a row and means the Borough have completed a double over the Blues after beating them on August 15.
Charles Banya opened the scoring after 12 minutes for the hosts and Adam Richards added another on the stroke of half time.
You may also want to watch:
Taurean Roberts then made it 3-0 in the 65th minute to conclude a bad night for Wingate at their rivals.
Rowland will expect a response on Saturday away to Tonbridge Angels, who are below the Blues in the table and three points worst off.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
After visiting Angels, Wingate travel to Met Police on Tuesday (October 10) looking to arrest their recent slide in the division.