Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley to do battle with Dorking Wanderers twice in quick succession
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Maurice Rebak Stadium club go into tonight’s away match with more confidence after two encouraging draws of late
Wingate & Finchley will be very familiar with Dorking Wanderers by the time they finish Saturday’s match in the Bostik Premier.
The two clubs are set to do battle tonight (Thursday) in Surrey before the Blues host the league strugglers this weekend at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Saturday’s match will kick-off at 12.30pm and is Wingate’s last home game of the season and Keith Rowland’s men will hope to sign off their home campaign in style.
The Blues have achieved two fine away draws over the past seven days to consolidate their ninth-place position in the table.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Wingate visited title favourites Billericay Town and claimed a 2-2 draw despite playing most of the second half with 10-men.
It was a similar story on Tuesday as the Blues travelled to Lowestoft Town and picked up a point following a 1-1 draw.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 7 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 8 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 9 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient
Wingate went down to 10-men in the first half, so it was another respectable result.