Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley to do battle with Dorking Wanderers twice in quick succession
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Maurice Rebak Stadium club go into tonight’s away match with more confidence after two encouraging draws of late
Wingate & Finchley will be very familiar with Dorking Wanderers by the time they finish Saturday’s match in the Bostik Premier.
The two clubs are set to do battle tonight (Thursday) in Surrey before the Blues host the league strugglers this weekend at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Saturday’s match will kick-off at 12.30pm and is Wingate’s last home game of the season and Keith Rowland’s men will hope to sign off their home campaign in style.
The Blues have achieved two fine away draws over the past seven days to consolidate their ninth-place position in the table.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Wingate visited title favourites Billericay Town and claimed a 2-2 draw despite playing most of the second half with 10-men.
It was a similar story on Tuesday as the Blues travelled to Lowestoft Town and picked up a point following a 1-1 draw.
- 1 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
Wingate went down to 10-men in the first half, so it was another respectable result.