Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley to do battle with Dorking Wanderers twice in quick succession
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Maurice Rebak Stadium club go into tonight’s away match with more confidence after two encouraging draws of late
Wingate & Finchley will be very familiar with Dorking Wanderers by the time they finish Saturday’s match in the Bostik Premier.
The two clubs are set to do battle tonight (Thursday) in Surrey before the Blues host the league strugglers this weekend at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Saturday’s match will kick-off at 12.30pm and is Wingate’s last home game of the season and Keith Rowland’s men will hope to sign off their home campaign in style.
The Blues have achieved two fine away draws over the past seven days to consolidate their ninth-place position in the table.
On Saturday, Wingate visited title favourites Billericay Town and claimed a 2-2 draw despite playing most of the second half with 10-men.
It was a similar story on Tuesday as the Blues travelled to Lowestoft Town and picked up a point following a 1-1 draw.
- 1 Olivia Newton-John: From West Hampstead to worldwide fame
- 2 Camden's first 'parklet' installed in Belsize Park
- 3 War veteran tackled suspected thief in Hampstead – and then 'got the sack'
- 4 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 'Bus cuts would disproportionately affect poor and disabled people'
- 7 'Digital exclusion, state pension and the cost-of-living crisis'
- 8 Historic images of Londoners enjoying the Heath go on show
- 9 Muswell Hill GP surgery rated 'inadequate' for safety by watchdog
- 10 Arsenal prove point in raid at Palace
Wingate went down to 10-men in the first half, so it was another respectable result.