Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley look to down Harlow Town on final day of the season
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
It has been a good week for the Blues with the first-team beating Dorking Wanderers 2-0 and the under-23s becoming league champions
Wingate & Finchley end their Bostik Premier campaign at Harlow Town on Saturday looking to ensure they finish in ninth position.
Keith Rowland’s team are currently ninth – two points ahead of Tonbridge Angels ahead of the final weekend of the regular season.
Last Saturday they defeated Dorking Wanderers 2-0 after drawing 2-2 away to the same team last Thursday.
It was a good few days for the youth at the club as goals from Layne Eadie and under-23 forward Ned Clarke salvaged a point for the Blues at the Westhumble Community Ground after they trailed by two goals at half time.
You may also want to watch:
The two teams did battle again days later at the Maurice Rebak Stadium and this time Wingate triumphed.
Another youngster, in the shape of Isaac Ebelebe, opened the scoring after 31 minutes and Reece Beckles-Richards secured the points with a second before the hour mark.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 5 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 10 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
It gives the Blues plenty of confidence ahead of visiting the Hawks this weekend for their last match of the season.
Elsewhere, Dean Barker’s under-23s were able to get their hands on silverware on Tuesday when they were crowned Bostik Development North champions following a 3-0 win over Witham Town.
Goals from Clarke, Ben Pattie and Ricardo Price sealed an excellent victory, which gave the Blues an unassailable lead at the top.
Barker’s team still have plenty to play for though, as they are now targeting a treble with a Development League Cup semi-final against East Grinstead Town coming up on Tuesday at Corinthian Sports Club.