Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley searching for new starts after revealing summer trials
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Maurice Rebak Stadium club have helped a number of players through this season and in recent campaigns
Wingate & Finchley FC are offering trials to kids from under-sevens to under-16s level, in a bid to find and nurture the next generation of young footballing talent.
The Bostik Premier club is continuing to grow its youth structure to provide opportunities for gifted players of all ages to develop.
Two of the current under-15s squad are on trial with Championship outfit Queens Park Rangers, and several youth players have been given first-team opportunities this season.
Wingate’s under-23s currently sit top of their table and both the under-18s and under-16s made the County Cup semi finals – a competition the under-18s won last season.
You may also want to watch:
Many former Blues players and staff have built up a successful career in the game, such as Colchester’s Kane Vincent Young and Wycombe’s Scott Kashket, who both came through the youth programme before signing for professional teams.
The latest players moving to a higher level are ex-youth player Spencer McCall, who is now playing in the National League South with Hemel Hempstead Town and former West Ham United academy graduate Nathan Mavila, who joined Leyton Orient earlier this season.
Current Woking boss Antony Limbrick worked at Southampton and West Ham academies after learning his trade at the Blues, while Michael Stone progressed to coach at international level with South Korea.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 8 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 9 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 10 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
Not only does Wingate boast an impressive stadium pitch, managed by Isthmian Groundsman of Year and former youth player Andy Ward, but also a new state of the art training ground facility, opened this season in a ceremony attended by Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Harry Winks, as well as broadcasters Alan Smith and Geoff Shreeves.
Trials will take place on Sunday May 5 and Monday May 7 at the club’s Maurice Rebak Stadium, Summers Lane, N12 0PD. More information and the registration form can be found on the club’s official website (www.wingatefinchley.com/trials).