Haringey’s hopes take another hit with loss at home
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 0 Leatherhead 3
Haringey Borough suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time since October after a 3-0 loss at home to Leatherhead in the Bostik Premier on Saturday.
Tom Loizou’s men were looking to respond after a two-goal reverse at Carshalton Athletic previously, but they fell short again.
After a goalless opening half an hour, Travis Gregory opened the scoring in the 33rd minute for the Tanners.
It stayed this way until the break, but Ibrahim Olutade made it 2-0 with 48 played at a packed Coles Park.
You may also want to watch:
A crowd of 467 supporters then saw Olutade double his tally and increase the visitors lead with 57 on the clock.
It finished 3-0 and further dented Borough’s hopes of winning the title this season with leaders Dorking Wanderers now nine points clear at the summit.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 7 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
Haringey last lost two games in a row in the middle of October and must find a way out of this slump moving forward.