Haringey’s hopes take another hit with loss at home
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 0 Leatherhead 3
Haringey Borough suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time since October after a 3-0 loss at home to Leatherhead in the Bostik Premier on Saturday.
Tom Loizou’s men were looking to respond after a two-goal reverse at Carshalton Athletic previously, but they fell short again.
After a goalless opening half an hour, Travis Gregory opened the scoring in the 33rd minute for the Tanners.
It stayed this way until the break, but Ibrahim Olutade made it 2-0 with 48 played at a packed Coles Park.
You may also want to watch:
A crowd of 467 supporters then saw Olutade double his tally and increase the visitors lead with 57 on the clock.
It finished 3-0 and further dented Borough’s hopes of winning the title this season with leaders Dorking Wanderers now nine points clear at the summit.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 10 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
Haringey last lost two games in a row in the middle of October and must find a way out of this slump moving forward.