Haringey’s hopes take another hit with loss at home
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 0 Leatherhead 3
Haringey Borough suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time since October after a 3-0 loss at home to Leatherhead in the Bostik Premier on Saturday.
Tom Loizou’s men were looking to respond after a two-goal reverse at Carshalton Athletic previously, but they fell short again.
After a goalless opening half an hour, Travis Gregory opened the scoring in the 33rd minute for the Tanners.
It stayed this way until the break, but Ibrahim Olutade made it 2-0 with 48 played at a packed Coles Park.
You may also want to watch:
A crowd of 467 supporters then saw Olutade double his tally and increase the visitors lead with 57 on the clock.
It finished 3-0 and further dented Borough’s hopes of winning the title this season with leaders Dorking Wanderers now nine points clear at the summit.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
Haringey last lost two games in a row in the middle of October and must find a way out of this slump moving forward.