Haringey’s hopes take another hit with loss at home
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 0 Leatherhead 3
Haringey Borough suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time since October after a 3-0 loss at home to Leatherhead in the Bostik Premier on Saturday.
Tom Loizou’s men were looking to respond after a two-goal reverse at Carshalton Athletic previously, but they fell short again.
After a goalless opening half an hour, Travis Gregory opened the scoring in the 33rd minute for the Tanners.
It stayed this way until the break, but Ibrahim Olutade made it 2-0 with 48 played at a packed Coles Park.
A crowd of 467 supporters then saw Olutade double his tally and increase the visitors lead with 57 on the clock.
It finished 3-0 and further dented Borough’s hopes of winning the title this season with leaders Dorking Wanderers now nine points clear at the summit.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 5 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 6 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 7 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 8 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 9 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
- 10 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
Haringey last lost two games in a row in the middle of October and must find a way out of this slump moving forward.