Bostik Premier: Kingstonian inflict more disappointment on Wingate & Finchley at Maurice Rebak Stadium
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley 0 Kingstonian 1
Wingate & Finchley suffered a third defeat from their last four games in the Bostik North on Saturday after Kingstonian earned a 1-0 win at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Keith Rowland’s team came into the contest after a busy few days and they were not able to respond to what proved to be the only goal of the game in the 53rd minute.
It was goalless at the break and so Blues boss Keith Rowland introduced Rob Laney and Tommy Tejan-Sie for Irnti Rapi and Freddy Moncur.
Unfortunately it didn’t have the desired effect as Muhammadu Faal put the K’s in front with 53 minutes on the clock after he glanced home a free kick.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues pushed for a leveller, but Kingstonian held out and this result sees Wingate remain in ninth, but now 15 points off the play-offs.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore; Ifil, Cronin, Eales, Eadie; Rifat, Moncur (Tejan-Sie 46); Beckles-Richards, Obafemi (Pattie 69), Rapai (Laney 46); Charles-Smith.
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 5 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 6 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 7 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 8 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 9 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
Unused substitutes: Humphrey, Williams.