Bostik Premier: Kingstonian inflict more disappointment on Wingate & Finchley at Maurice Rebak Stadium
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley 0 Kingstonian 1
Wingate & Finchley suffered a third defeat from their last four games in the Bostik North on Saturday after Kingstonian earned a 1-0 win at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Keith Rowland’s team came into the contest after a busy few days and they were not able to respond to what proved to be the only goal of the game in the 53rd minute.
It was goalless at the break and so Blues boss Keith Rowland introduced Rob Laney and Tommy Tejan-Sie for Irnti Rapi and Freddy Moncur.
Unfortunately it didn’t have the desired effect as Muhammadu Faal put the K’s in front with 53 minutes on the clock after he glanced home a free kick.
The Blues pushed for a leveller, but Kingstonian held out and this result sees Wingate remain in ninth, but now 15 points off the play-offs.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore; Ifil, Cronin, Eales, Eadie; Rifat, Moncur (Tejan-Sie 46); Beckles-Richards, Obafemi (Pattie 69), Rapai (Laney 46); Charles-Smith.
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 3 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 4 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 7 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 8 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
Unused substitutes: Humphrey, Williams.