Bostik Premier: Kingstonian inflict more disappointment on Wingate & Finchley at Maurice Rebak Stadium
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley 0 Kingstonian 1
Wingate & Finchley suffered a third defeat from their last four games in the Bostik North on Saturday after Kingstonian earned a 1-0 win at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Keith Rowland’s team came into the contest after a busy few days and they were not able to respond to what proved to be the only goal of the game in the 53rd minute.
It was goalless at the break and so Blues boss Keith Rowland introduced Rob Laney and Tommy Tejan-Sie for Irnti Rapi and Freddy Moncur.
Unfortunately it didn’t have the desired effect as Muhammadu Faal put the K’s in front with 53 minutes on the clock after he glanced home a free kick.
The Blues pushed for a leveller, but Kingstonian held out and this result sees Wingate remain in ninth, but now 15 points off the play-offs.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore; Ifil, Cronin, Eales, Eadie; Rifat, Moncur (Tejan-Sie 46); Beckles-Richards, Obafemi (Pattie 69), Rapai (Laney 46); Charles-Smith.
- 1 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 4 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 5 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 6 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 7 Man arrested after car overturns on Camden Road
- 8 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 9 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: 'An astonishing choral display'
Unused substitutes: Humphrey, Williams.