Bostik Premier: Keith Rowland’s Wingate & Finchley aim to finish 2017 on a high
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Blues entertain Needham Mark this weekend before a short trip to rivals Hendon on Monday
Wingate & Finchley will look to end 2017 on a high when Needham Market visit the Maurice Rebak Stadium this weekend.
Keith Rowland’s team go into the contest off the back of two encouraging results over the festive period.
Last Saturday, the Blues edged a seven-goal thriller at Margate in front of 536 spectators despite trailing 2-0 in the first half.
Goals from Marc Charles-Smith, a brace from Rob Laney and an 89th-minute effort from Luke Ifil earned a 4-3 victory.
You may also want to watch:
The only sour note was the red cards handed to Claudiu Vilcu and Ahmet Rifat in stoppage time.
After that victory, Wingate then held play-off rivals Staines Town to a goalless draw on Boxing Day.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 3 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 4 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit
- 8 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
Rowland will look for his team to make it three games without a defeat when Market visit on Saturday.
Wingate then travel to Hendon on New Years Day (Monday) for a potentially tantalising derby encounter.