Bostik Premier: Keith Rowland’s Wingate & Finchley aim to finish 2017 on a high
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Blues entertain Needham Mark this weekend before a short trip to rivals Hendon on Monday
Wingate & Finchley will look to end 2017 on a high when Needham Market visit the Maurice Rebak Stadium this weekend.
Keith Rowland’s team go into the contest off the back of two encouraging results over the festive period.
Last Saturday, the Blues edged a seven-goal thriller at Margate in front of 536 spectators despite trailing 2-0 in the first half.
Goals from Marc Charles-Smith, a brace from Rob Laney and an 89th-minute effort from Luke Ifil earned a 4-3 victory.
The only sour note was the red cards handed to Claudiu Vilcu and Ahmet Rifat in stoppage time.
After that victory, Wingate then held play-off rivals Staines Town to a goalless draw on Boxing Day.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
Rowland will look for his team to make it three games without a defeat when Market visit on Saturday.
Wingate then travel to Hendon on New Years Day (Monday) for a potentially tantalising derby encounter.