Bostik Premier: Keith Rowland’s Wingate & Finchley aim to finish 2017 on a high
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Blues entertain Needham Mark this weekend before a short trip to rivals Hendon on Monday
Wingate & Finchley will look to end 2017 on a high when Needham Market visit the Maurice Rebak Stadium this weekend.
Keith Rowland’s team go into the contest off the back of two encouraging results over the festive period.
Last Saturday, the Blues edged a seven-goal thriller at Margate in front of 536 spectators despite trailing 2-0 in the first half.
Goals from Marc Charles-Smith, a brace from Rob Laney and an 89th-minute effort from Luke Ifil earned a 4-3 victory.
You may also want to watch:
The only sour note was the red cards handed to Claudiu Vilcu and Ahmet Rifat in stoppage time.
After that victory, Wingate then held play-off rivals Staines Town to a goalless draw on Boxing Day.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa
Rowland will look for his team to make it three games without a defeat when Market visit on Saturday.
Wingate then travel to Hendon on New Years Day (Monday) for a potentially tantalising derby encounter.