Bostik Premier: Keith Rowland’s Wingate & Finchley aim to finish 2017 on a high
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The Blues entertain Needham Mark this weekend before a short trip to rivals Hendon on Monday
Wingate & Finchley will look to end 2017 on a high when Needham Market visit the Maurice Rebak Stadium this weekend.
Keith Rowland’s team go into the contest off the back of two encouraging results over the festive period.
Last Saturday, the Blues edged a seven-goal thriller at Margate in front of 536 spectators despite trailing 2-0 in the first half.
Goals from Marc Charles-Smith, a brace from Rob Laney and an 89th-minute effort from Luke Ifil earned a 4-3 victory.
You may also want to watch:
The only sour note was the red cards handed to Claudiu Vilcu and Ahmet Rifat in stoppage time.
After that victory, Wingate then held play-off rivals Staines Town to a goalless draw on Boxing Day.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 5 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 10 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
Rowland will look for his team to make it three games without a defeat when Market visit on Saturday.
Wingate then travel to Hendon on New Years Day (Monday) for a potentially tantalising derby encounter.