Bostik North: Soham Town Rangers power past Haringey Borough
- Credit: Archant
Bostik North: Soham Town Rangers 3 Haringey Borough 0
Haringey Borough’s Bostik North play-off hopes were dealt another blow on Saturday after they suffered a 3-0 defeat away to Soham Town Rangers.
Tom Loizou’s men went into the contest looking to end their three-match winless run in the division.
With half time approaching, Borough appeared to have done a decent job of stifling the threat of the home side, but they conceded on the stroke of the interval.
Craig Gillies found the net to make it 1-0 to Rangers at the Julius Martin Lane stadium at the break.
Soham quickly doubled their advantage after the restart with Callum Russell firing home in the 62nd minute.
Joe Carden then rubbed salt into the Haringey wounds with a third for the hosts just seven minutes later.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 6 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 7 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 8 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
Borough were unable to muster a response, but will look to bounce back tonight at home to Tilbury and close to within one point of Maldon & Tiptree, who occupy the final play-off place.