Bostik North: Soham Town Rangers power past Haringey Borough
- Credit: Archant
Bostik North: Soham Town Rangers 3 Haringey Borough 0
Haringey Borough’s Bostik North play-off hopes were dealt another blow on Saturday after they suffered a 3-0 defeat away to Soham Town Rangers.
Tom Loizou’s men went into the contest looking to end their three-match winless run in the division.
With half time approaching, Borough appeared to have done a decent job of stifling the threat of the home side, but they conceded on the stroke of the interval.
Craig Gillies found the net to make it 1-0 to Rangers at the Julius Martin Lane stadium at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Soham quickly doubled their advantage after the restart with Callum Russell firing home in the 62nd minute.
Joe Carden then rubbed salt into the Haringey wounds with a third for the hosts just seven minutes later.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 9 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 10 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
Borough were unable to muster a response, but will look to bounce back tonight at home to Tilbury and close to within one point of Maldon & Tiptree, who occupy the final play-off place.