Bostik North: Soham Town Rangers power past Haringey Borough
- Credit: Archant
Bostik North: Soham Town Rangers 3 Haringey Borough 0
Haringey Borough’s Bostik North play-off hopes were dealt another blow on Saturday after they suffered a 3-0 defeat away to Soham Town Rangers.
Tom Loizou’s men went into the contest looking to end their three-match winless run in the division.
With half time approaching, Borough appeared to have done a decent job of stifling the threat of the home side, but they conceded on the stroke of the interval.
Craig Gillies found the net to make it 1-0 to Rangers at the Julius Martin Lane stadium at the break.
Soham quickly doubled their advantage after the restart with Callum Russell firing home in the 62nd minute.
Joe Carden then rubbed salt into the Haringey wounds with a third for the hosts just seven minutes later.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 4 Masked-up Boris Johnson poses for selfies at Wood Green care centre
- 5 Barnet chemist named independent pharmacy of the year
- 6 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 7 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 8 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 9 Two people flee in Finchley flat fire caused by faulty radiator
- 10 Highgate's new butcher offers wine pairing and cooking advice
Borough were unable to muster a response, but will look to bounce back tonight at home to Tilbury and close to within one point of Maldon & Tiptree, who occupy the final play-off place.