Bostik North: Ralston Gabriel completes fine Haringey Borough comeback win at Waltham Abbey
- Credit: Archant
Bostik North: Waltham Abbey 2 Haringey Borough 3
Haringey Borough fought back from two goals down to triumph 3-2 at Waltham Abbey and move up to fourth in the Bostik North table.
The clash had been scheduled for Easter Monday, but the wet weather saw the fixture postponed and rearranged for Wednesday night.
Both sides pushed for the opener in the first half, but it wasn’t forthcoming, though it wasn’t a sign of things to come.
Abbey took the lead in the 57th minute through Aron Gordon and it sparked a goal spree at Capershotts.
You may also want to watch:
Nathan Koranteng made it 2-0 with an hour played from the penalty spot, but the Borough comeback started almost immediately.
Rakim Richards found the net with 61 on the clock and recent recruit Andre McCollin levelled 18 minutes from time.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 6 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 7 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 8 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
Haringey weren’t content with a share of the spoils, however, and grabbed a winner with 84 minutes played thanks to hitman Ralson Gabriel.
Borough have moved up to fourth after this result and onto 71 points from their 40 fixtures this season.
Next up for Loizou’s men is a home clash with play-off rivals Canvey Island, who are fifth in the standings and on 70 points having played the same number of games as Haringey.