Bostik North: Ralston Gabriel completes fine Haringey Borough comeback win at Waltham Abbey
- Credit: Archant
Bostik North: Waltham Abbey 2 Haringey Borough 3
Haringey Borough fought back from two goals down to triumph 3-2 at Waltham Abbey and move up to fourth in the Bostik North table.
The clash had been scheduled for Easter Monday, but the wet weather saw the fixture postponed and rearranged for Wednesday night.
Both sides pushed for the opener in the first half, but it wasn’t forthcoming, though it wasn’t a sign of things to come.
Abbey took the lead in the 57th minute through Aron Gordon and it sparked a goal spree at Capershotts.
Nathan Koranteng made it 2-0 with an hour played from the penalty spot, but the Borough comeback started almost immediately.
Rakim Richards found the net with 61 on the clock and recent recruit Andre McCollin levelled 18 minutes from time.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 4 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 5 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 6 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 7 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 8 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 9 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 10 Man arrested after car overturns on Camden Road
Haringey weren’t content with a share of the spoils, however, and grabbed a winner with 84 minutes played thanks to hitman Ralson Gabriel.
Borough have moved up to fourth after this result and onto 71 points from their 40 fixtures this season.
Next up for Loizou’s men is a home clash with play-off rivals Canvey Island, who are fifth in the standings and on 70 points having played the same number of games as Haringey.