Bostik North: Ralston Gabriel completes fine Haringey Borough comeback win at Waltham Abbey
- Credit: Archant
Bostik North: Waltham Abbey 2 Haringey Borough 3
Haringey Borough fought back from two goals down to triumph 3-2 at Waltham Abbey and move up to fourth in the Bostik North table.
The clash had been scheduled for Easter Monday, but the wet weather saw the fixture postponed and rearranged for Wednesday night.
Both sides pushed for the opener in the first half, but it wasn’t forthcoming, though it wasn’t a sign of things to come.
Abbey took the lead in the 57th minute through Aron Gordon and it sparked a goal spree at Capershotts.
Nathan Koranteng made it 2-0 with an hour played from the penalty spot, but the Borough comeback started almost immediately.
Rakim Richards found the net with 61 on the clock and recent recruit Andre McCollin levelled 18 minutes from time.
- 1 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 2 Paddling pool to be open all week after pipes replaced
- 3 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 4 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 5 Parliament Hill's second kite display an 'unqualified success'
- 6 Elton John rockets through career-spanning show at BST Hyde Park
- 7 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 8 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 9 Herbie Hancock: Still going strong at 82
- 10 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
Haringey weren’t content with a share of the spoils, however, and grabbed a winner with 84 minutes played thanks to hitman Ralson Gabriel.
Borough have moved up to fourth after this result and onto 71 points from their 40 fixtures this season.
Next up for Loizou’s men is a home clash with play-off rivals Canvey Island, who are fifth in the standings and on 70 points having played the same number of games as Haringey.