Bostik North: In-form Haringey Borough look to progress in FA Cup when Hitchin Town visit Coles Park
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tom Loizou’s side registered two more victories over Bank Holiday weekend to place fourth in the standings
Haringey Borough will be hoping to maintain their unbeaten start to the season when they host Hitchin Town in the first qualifying round of the FA Cup this Saturday.
The Coles Park outfit will be in a confident mood after picking up maximum points over the Bank Holiday weekend, which puts them fourth in the Bostik North.
A 2-1 win at Bowers & Pitsea on Saturday started with Michael O’Donoghue giving them a first-half lead.
Michael Ademayui doubled their advantange, before they had nervy finale after Gavin Cockman pulled one back.
Boro came up against Cheshunt at Coles Park on Monday and fell behind in the 12th minute, but in-form O’Donoghue levelled matters.
Gabriel Ralston then put the hosts in front from the penalty spot on 78 minutes, only to be pegged back by Cheshunt with five minutes left in north London.
- 1 'No one hurt' as branch crashes to ground at Hampstead Heath
- 2 Cycle lanes welcomed by riders but traders express frustration
- 3 Cement lorry leaks 'concrete puddle' onto Highgate road
- 4 Elderly disabled woman 'racially abused' on Camden bus
- 5 Olivia Newton-John: From West Hampstead to worldwide fame
- 6 Liz Truss backs a fully inclusive conversion therapy ban, says MP
- 7 People flouting barbecue ban in Waterlow Park
- 8 Crouch End baker awarded Badge of the Order of Mercy for his charity work
- 9 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
- 10 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
But in the final exchanges, Ramil Sherriff popped up to give Boro all three points.