Bostik North: Haringey Borough turn focus to another competition after FA Cup glory
- Credit: Archant
Tom Loizou’s team take on Bostik South side Whyteleafe in the FA Trophy this weekend
Haringey Borough turn their attention back to another cup competition this weekend when they host Whyteleafe in the preliminary round of the FA Trophy and the game will take place on Non-League Day.
The Coles Park club will aim to progress and in the process create more history during the 2017/18 season.
Tom Loizou’s Borough defeated Bideford 4-1 last weekend to reach the fourth qualifying of the FA Cup for the first time in their history.
Now they’ll play host to Bostik South outfit the Leafe on Saturday looking to keep up their excellent form at Coles Park.
You may also want to watch:
Loizou said: “We’re now beating sides who are one or two divisions above us, so we’re gearing up for the next step.
“Getting into the fourth qualifying round is probably my best achievement in my eight-and-a-half years at Haringey Borough.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
“We’ve had a couple of promotions and cup wins, but financially the FA Cup is so important and it put us on the map.”