Bostik North: Haringey Borough turn focus to another competition after FA Cup glory
- Credit: Archant
Tom Loizou’s team take on Bostik South side Whyteleafe in the FA Trophy this weekend
Haringey Borough turn their attention back to another cup competition this weekend when they host Whyteleafe in the preliminary round of the FA Trophy and the game will take place on Non-League Day.
The Coles Park club will aim to progress and in the process create more history during the 2017/18 season.
Tom Loizou’s Borough defeated Bideford 4-1 last weekend to reach the fourth qualifying of the FA Cup for the first time in their history.
Now they’ll play host to Bostik South outfit the Leafe on Saturday looking to keep up their excellent form at Coles Park.
You may also want to watch:
Loizou said: “We’re now beating sides who are one or two divisions above us, so we’re gearing up for the next step.
“Getting into the fourth qualifying round is probably my best achievement in my eight-and-a-half years at Haringey Borough.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
“We’ve had a couple of promotions and cup wins, but financially the FA Cup is so important and it put us on the map.”