Bostik North: Haringey Borough turn focus to another competition after FA Cup glory
- Credit: Archant
Tom Loizou’s team take on Bostik South side Whyteleafe in the FA Trophy this weekend
Haringey Borough turn their attention back to another cup competition this weekend when they host Whyteleafe in the preliminary round of the FA Trophy and the game will take place on Non-League Day.
The Coles Park club will aim to progress and in the process create more history during the 2017/18 season.
Tom Loizou’s Borough defeated Bideford 4-1 last weekend to reach the fourth qualifying of the FA Cup for the first time in their history.
Now they’ll play host to Bostik South outfit the Leafe on Saturday looking to keep up their excellent form at Coles Park.
You may also want to watch:
Loizou said: “We’re now beating sides who are one or two divisions above us, so we’re gearing up for the next step.
“Getting into the fourth qualifying round is probably my best achievement in my eight-and-a-half years at Haringey Borough.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
“We’ve had a couple of promotions and cup wins, but financially the FA Cup is so important and it put us on the map.”