Bostik North: Haringey Borough travel to Maldon & Tiptree with extra confidence
- Credit: Archant
The return of Ralston Gabriel helped inspire a 5-0 victory away to struggling Cheshunt on Boxing Day
Haringey Borough head into Saturday’s clash at Maldon & Tiptree buoyed by their 5-0 thrashing over Cheshunt on Boxing Day (Tuesday).
Tom Loizou’s team went into their contest at Theobalds Lane without a win in three games after defeats to Leyton Orient, Harrow Borough and Bowers & Pitsea.
But a stunning first-half at the Ambers put Borough on course for a crushing victory as David Olufemi, Ralston Gabriel, Lauren Luke and Chris Benjamin all netted in the opening 45.
Gabriel grabbed a second after the break to help erase the memories of the 2-0 loss Haringey suffered at home to Bowers last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Loizou will hope his side can continue their free-scoring form at Maldon this weekend before they return to Coles Park early in 2018.
Waltham Abbey make the short trip to north London on Tuesday (January 2) for a 7.45pm kick-off with Borough eager to win again and continue their push for the Bostik North play-offs.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 6 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 7 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure