Bostik North: Haringey Borough travel to Maldon & Tiptree with extra confidence
- Credit: Archant
The return of Ralston Gabriel helped inspire a 5-0 victory away to struggling Cheshunt on Boxing Day
Haringey Borough head into Saturday’s clash at Maldon & Tiptree buoyed by their 5-0 thrashing over Cheshunt on Boxing Day (Tuesday).
Tom Loizou’s team went into their contest at Theobalds Lane without a win in three games after defeats to Leyton Orient, Harrow Borough and Bowers & Pitsea.
But a stunning first-half at the Ambers put Borough on course for a crushing victory as David Olufemi, Ralston Gabriel, Lauren Luke and Chris Benjamin all netted in the opening 45.
Gabriel grabbed a second after the break to help erase the memories of the 2-0 loss Haringey suffered at home to Bowers last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Loizou will hope his side can continue their free-scoring form at Maldon this weekend before they return to Coles Park early in 2018.
Waltham Abbey make the short trip to north London on Tuesday (January 2) for a 7.45pm kick-off with Borough eager to win again and continue their push for the Bostik North play-offs.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses