Bostik North: Haringey Borough secure play-off spot with away win at Aveley
- Credit: Archant
Bostik North: Aveley 1 Haringey Borough 3
Haringey Borough secured their place in the Bostik North play-offs with a 3-1 win at Aveley last night.
The victory for Tom Loizou’s team was their sixth in a row and opened up a 14 point gap between themselves and seventh-placed Maldon & Tiptree, who only have four games still to play.
Haringey took control of proceedings at Parkside from the off and Chinedu McKenzie continued his good form with the opener after 25 minutes.
Seven minutes later and it was 2-0 when Lauren Luke produced a neat finish to put the away side on course for another victory.
Aveley made things interesting just past the hour mark when Chris Bourne pulled a goal back, but the Millers couldn’t build on it.
In actual fact, the goal kicked Haringey back into life and they won a penalty less than 60 seconds after the hosts scored and Ralston Gabriel netted from 12-yards to wrap up another three points.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 5 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 6 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 7 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 8 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 9 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 10 Hampstead to welcome boho women's lifestyle brand Free People
Haringey remain fourth in the table, although they are now level on points with third in the table Bowers & Pitsea and only one point off second-placed Potters Bar Town.
Bowers have two games in hand on Borough, so automatic promotion looks unlikely still, but Loizou’s men could still catch Town and finish third with the Hertfordshire club having also played 44 times – the same amount as the Coles Park outfit.
With 10 days of the regular season remaining, there could still be some twists and turns in the Bostik North.