Bostik North: Haringey Borough secure play-off spot with away win at Aveley
- Credit: Archant
Bostik North: Aveley 1 Haringey Borough 3
Haringey Borough secured their place in the Bostik North play-offs with a 3-1 win at Aveley last night.
The victory for Tom Loizou’s team was their sixth in a row and opened up a 14 point gap between themselves and seventh-placed Maldon & Tiptree, who only have four games still to play.
Haringey took control of proceedings at Parkside from the off and Chinedu McKenzie continued his good form with the opener after 25 minutes.
Seven minutes later and it was 2-0 when Lauren Luke produced a neat finish to put the away side on course for another victory.
You may also want to watch:
Aveley made things interesting just past the hour mark when Chris Bourne pulled a goal back, but the Millers couldn’t build on it.
In actual fact, the goal kicked Haringey back into life and they won a penalty less than 60 seconds after the hosts scored and Ralston Gabriel netted from 12-yards to wrap up another three points.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
Haringey remain fourth in the table, although they are now level on points with third in the table Bowers & Pitsea and only one point off second-placed Potters Bar Town.
Bowers have two games in hand on Borough, so automatic promotion looks unlikely still, but Loizou’s men could still catch Town and finish third with the Hertfordshire club having also played 44 times – the same amount as the Coles Park outfit.
With 10 days of the regular season remaining, there could still be some twists and turns in the Bostik North.