Bostik North: Haringey Borough take break from league and turn attention to FA Trophy
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Tom Loizou’s team host Thame United of the Evo-Stik League South Division One East this weekend
Haringey Borough will take a welcome break from Bostik North action this weekend when they host Thame United in the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy.
It has been a tough few days for the Coles Park club with Tom Loizou’s side losing their unbeaten record.
Heading into Saturday’s game at Brentwood Town, Borough were the only team yet to taste defeat in the division this season.
But in a repeat of last April, when Town won 2-0 at home to Haringey, they repeated the trick to end their unbeaten record with another 2-0 victory.
You may also want to watch:
Borough were looking to bounce back on Tuesday at promotion rivals Canvey Island, but suffered a 1-0 loss.
Loizou’s team remain fifth in the table and in a good position due to their games in hand, but they’ll look to rediscover their form when they host Oxfordshire-based Thame United, who ply their trade in the Evo-Stik League South Division One East.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Affordable housing changes for 100 Avenue Road will test Camden's resolve