Bostik North: Haringey Borough take break from league and turn attention to FA Trophy
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Tom Loizou’s team host Thame United of the Evo-Stik League South Division One East this weekend
Haringey Borough will take a welcome break from Bostik North action this weekend when they host Thame United in the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy.
It has been a tough few days for the Coles Park club with Tom Loizou’s side losing their unbeaten record.
Heading into Saturday’s game at Brentwood Town, Borough were the only team yet to taste defeat in the division this season.
But in a repeat of last April, when Town won 2-0 at home to Haringey, they repeated the trick to end their unbeaten record with another 2-0 victory.
You may also want to watch:
Borough were looking to bounce back on Tuesday at promotion rivals Canvey Island, but suffered a 1-0 loss.
Loizou’s team remain fifth in the table and in a good position due to their games in hand, but they’ll look to rediscover their form when they host Oxfordshire-based Thame United, who ply their trade in the Evo-Stik League South Division One East.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 6 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale