Bostik North: Haringey Borough take break from league and turn attention to FA Trophy
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Tom Loizou’s team host Thame United of the Evo-Stik League South Division One East this weekend
Haringey Borough will take a welcome break from Bostik North action this weekend when they host Thame United in the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy.
It has been a tough few days for the Coles Park club with Tom Loizou’s side losing their unbeaten record.
Heading into Saturday’s game at Brentwood Town, Borough were the only team yet to taste defeat in the division this season.
But in a repeat of last April, when Town won 2-0 at home to Haringey, they repeated the trick to end their unbeaten record with another 2-0 victory.
You may also want to watch:
Borough were looking to bounce back on Tuesday at promotion rivals Canvey Island, but suffered a 1-0 loss.
Loizou’s team remain fifth in the table and in a good position due to their games in hand, but they’ll look to rediscover their form when they host Oxfordshire-based Thame United, who ply their trade in the Evo-Stik League South Division One East.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 8 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens