Bostik North: Haringey Borough take break from league and turn attention to FA Trophy
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Tom Loizou’s team host Thame United of the Evo-Stik League South Division One East this weekend
Haringey Borough will take a welcome break from Bostik North action this weekend when they host Thame United in the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy.
It has been a tough few days for the Coles Park club with Tom Loizou’s side losing their unbeaten record.
Heading into Saturday’s game at Brentwood Town, Borough were the only team yet to taste defeat in the division this season.
But in a repeat of last April, when Town won 2-0 at home to Haringey, they repeated the trick to end their unbeaten record with another 2-0 victory.
You may also want to watch:
Borough were looking to bounce back on Tuesday at promotion rivals Canvey Island, but suffered a 1-0 loss.
Loizou’s team remain fifth in the table and in a good position due to their games in hand, but they’ll look to rediscover their form when they host Oxfordshire-based Thame United, who ply their trade in the Evo-Stik League South Division One East.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears