Bostik North: Haringey Borough’s Tom Loizou recognised for fine form with April Manager of the Month award
- Credit: Archant
The Coles Park club enjoyed a superb month of April and will hope to keep up their form on Sunday in the Bostik North play-off final
Haringey Borough boss Tom Loizou was honoured ahead of Sunday’s play-off final by claiming Bostik North’s Manager of the Month award for April.
The Coles Park club played seven times in the month and won all seven to keep alive their hopes of automatic promotion heading into the final day of the season.
Although Borough had to settle for a fourth-placed finish in the regular campaign, they can reflect on a superb April and boss Loizou has now been recognised for the club’s recent achievements.
A statement on the official Isthmian League website read: “Seven matches, seven victories - and there’s still only one club on White Hart Lane!
“Congratulations to Borough manager Tom Loizou - perhaps he might be allowed a moment of celebration before the Bostik North play-off final on Sunday!”
Haringey continued their excellent run into May by defeating Heybridge Swifts 2-0 on Wednesday in the play-off semi-final.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 4 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 5 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 6 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 7 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 8 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: 'An astonishing choral display'
- 10 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
Borough will now aim to finish a successful campaign in style by beating Canvey Island in Sunday’s play-off final.
The big match kicks-off at 3pm at Coles Park and Loizou’s men will be looking to claim a 10th consecutive win and in the process seal promotion to the Bostik Premier.