Bostik North: Haringey Borough seek response after poor second-half at Maldon & Tiptree
- Credit: Archant
Tom Loizou’s north Londoners entertain Waltham Abbey this evening know a victory should see them move back into the play-off positions
Haringey Borough will look to bounce back at home to Waltham Abbey this evening in the Bostik North.
Tom Loizou’s men suffered another defeat last weekend, going down 3-1 away to Maldon & Tiptree in their last match of 2017.
After recent losses to Bowers & Pitsea, Leyton Orient, Hertford Town and Potters Bar Town, it was Borough’s fifth reverse from their last eight games in all competitions, which includes the abandoned clash at Heybridge Swifts when the match was still goalless.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring for Haringey on Saturday, but the hosts produced a strong second-half display to win 3-1.
Oluwole Akinsanya, Joshua Pollard and Ryan Clampin netted after the restart to give the Jammers all three points.
Haringey are ninth following the latest round of matches on Monday, but only three points off the play-off positions.
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 3 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 4 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 7 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 8 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 9 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 10 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
Therefore a home victory this evening will move Loizou’s men back into the top-six and start 2018 on a positive.