Bostik North: Haringey Borough seek response after poor second-half at Maldon & Tiptree
- Credit: Archant
Tom Loizou’s north Londoners entertain Waltham Abbey this evening know a victory should see them move back into the play-off positions
Haringey Borough will look to bounce back at home to Waltham Abbey this evening in the Bostik North.
Tom Loizou’s men suffered another defeat last weekend, going down 3-1 away to Maldon & Tiptree in their last match of 2017.
After recent losses to Bowers & Pitsea, Leyton Orient, Hertford Town and Potters Bar Town, it was Borough’s fifth reverse from their last eight games in all competitions, which includes the abandoned clash at Heybridge Swifts when the match was still goalless.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring for Haringey on Saturday, but the hosts produced a strong second-half display to win 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Oluwole Akinsanya, Joshua Pollard and Ryan Clampin netted after the restart to give the Jammers all three points.
Haringey are ninth following the latest round of matches on Monday, but only three points off the play-off positions.
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 7 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 West Hampstead community backs Nazanin 2,000 days since imprisonment
- 10 West Hampstead families enjoy birds of prey display
Therefore a home victory this evening will move Loizou’s men back into the top-six and start 2018 on a positive.