Bostik North: Haringey Borough seek response after poor second-half at Maldon & Tiptree
- Credit: Archant
Tom Loizou’s north Londoners entertain Waltham Abbey this evening know a victory should see them move back into the play-off positions
Haringey Borough will look to bounce back at home to Waltham Abbey this evening in the Bostik North.
Tom Loizou’s men suffered another defeat last weekend, going down 3-1 away to Maldon & Tiptree in their last match of 2017.
After recent losses to Bowers & Pitsea, Leyton Orient, Hertford Town and Potters Bar Town, it was Borough’s fifth reverse from their last eight games in all competitions, which includes the abandoned clash at Heybridge Swifts when the match was still goalless.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring for Haringey on Saturday, but the hosts produced a strong second-half display to win 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Oluwole Akinsanya, Joshua Pollard and Ryan Clampin netted after the restart to give the Jammers all three points.
Haringey are ninth following the latest round of matches on Monday, but only three points off the play-off positions.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
Therefore a home victory this evening will move Loizou’s men back into the top-six and start 2018 on a positive.