Bostik North: Haringey Borough seek response after poor second-half at Maldon & Tiptree
- Credit: Archant
Tom Loizou’s north Londoners entertain Waltham Abbey this evening know a victory should see them move back into the play-off positions
Haringey Borough will look to bounce back at home to Waltham Abbey this evening in the Bostik North.
Tom Loizou’s men suffered another defeat last weekend, going down 3-1 away to Maldon & Tiptree in their last match of 2017.
After recent losses to Bowers & Pitsea, Leyton Orient, Hertford Town and Potters Bar Town, it was Borough’s fifth reverse from their last eight games in all competitions, which includes the abandoned clash at Heybridge Swifts when the match was still goalless.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring for Haringey on Saturday, but the hosts produced a strong second-half display to win 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Oluwole Akinsanya, Joshua Pollard and Ryan Clampin netted after the restart to give the Jammers all three points.
Haringey are ninth following the latest round of matches on Monday, but only three points off the play-off positions.
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 5 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 6 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 7 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 8 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 9 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
Therefore a home victory this evening will move Loizou’s men back into the top-six and start 2018 on a positive.