Bostik North: Haringey Borough seek response after poor second-half at Maldon & Tiptree
- Credit: Archant
Tom Loizou’s north Londoners entertain Waltham Abbey this evening know a victory should see them move back into the play-off positions
Haringey Borough will look to bounce back at home to Waltham Abbey this evening in the Bostik North.
Tom Loizou’s men suffered another defeat last weekend, going down 3-1 away to Maldon & Tiptree in their last match of 2017.
After recent losses to Bowers & Pitsea, Leyton Orient, Hertford Town and Potters Bar Town, it was Borough’s fifth reverse from their last eight games in all competitions, which includes the abandoned clash at Heybridge Swifts when the match was still goalless.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring for Haringey on Saturday, but the hosts produced a strong second-half display to win 3-1.
Oluwole Akinsanya, Joshua Pollard and Ryan Clampin netted after the restart to give the Jammers all three points.
Haringey are ninth following the latest round of matches on Monday, but only three points off the play-off positions.
- 1 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 4 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 5 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 6 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 7 Man arrested after car overturns on Camden Road
- 8 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 9 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: 'An astonishing choral display'
Therefore a home victory this evening will move Loizou’s men back into the top-six and start 2018 on a positive.