Bostik North: Haringey Borough look to secure play-off berth with away wins at Dereham Town and Aveley
- Credit: Archant
Ralston Gabriel has netted in four of his last five games and will eye more success this weekend in Norfolk
Haringey Borough will aim to book their play-off place in Bostik North this week in two more away matches.
The Coles Park club have had a fantastic last two months and it has moved them up to fourth in the table.
Borough now hold a healthy advantage over fifth-placed Canvey Island, but poor recent weather means the likes of Maldon & Tiptree and Dereham Town, both outside of the top-six, have games in hand over Tom Loizou’s men.
Haringey face Dereham this weekend, however, and know a victory away to the Magpies will virtually assure them of a spot in the play-offs.
You may also want to watch:
The north Londoners travel in fantastic form after making it four wins in a row at Tilbury.
Loizou’s side made the trip to Chadfields on Tuesday full of confidence and a Derek Asamoah goal earned them a 1-0 success.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
The former Carlisle United attacker grabbed his sixth goal for the club in the 62nd minute to down the Dockers.
That came days after the Coles Park club had defeated play-off rivals Canvey Island 2-0 on home soil.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring in the 37th minute and Lauren Luke wrapped up the win 14 minutes from time.
After the victory, Gabriel said: “Happy to get my 20th league goal of the season. It was a great performance from the boys and the fans were amazing once again.”
Haringey will hope for more goals from Gabriel this Saturday when they travel to play-off rivals Dereham.
The Magpies thrashed Grays Athletic 6-1 at the weekend, but lost 3-2 away to Bowers & Pitsea on Tuesday and then suffered a 2-0 defeat at home to Soham Town Rangers last night.
After travelling to Norfolk on Saturday, Borough have a closer journey to make next Monday (April 16) as they visit in-form Aveley.
James Webster’s team have won five of their last eight games in Bostik North and pushed Haringey close in the previous encounter on January 8 as Loizou’s team triumphed 3-2 late on.
But Borough are also full of confidence after wins over Mildenhall Town, Waltham Abbey, Canvey and Tilbury in recent weeks, and they will eye more this week.