Bostik North: Haringey Borough look to secure play-off berth with away wins at Dereham Town and Aveley
- Credit: Archant
Ralston Gabriel has netted in four of his last five games and will eye more success this weekend in Norfolk
Haringey Borough will aim to book their play-off place in Bostik North this week in two more away matches.
The Coles Park club have had a fantastic last two months and it has moved them up to fourth in the table.
Borough now hold a healthy advantage over fifth-placed Canvey Island, but poor recent weather means the likes of Maldon & Tiptree and Dereham Town, both outside of the top-six, have games in hand over Tom Loizou’s men.
Haringey face Dereham this weekend, however, and know a victory away to the Magpies will virtually assure them of a spot in the play-offs.
The north Londoners travel in fantastic form after making it four wins in a row at Tilbury.
Loizou’s side made the trip to Chadfields on Tuesday full of confidence and a Derek Asamoah goal earned them a 1-0 success.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 8 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 9 Hornsey Exchange opening first step in bringing town hall 'back to life'
- 10 Haringey to splash £54m on Civic Centre makeover and extension
The former Carlisle United attacker grabbed his sixth goal for the club in the 62nd minute to down the Dockers.
That came days after the Coles Park club had defeated play-off rivals Canvey Island 2-0 on home soil.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring in the 37th minute and Lauren Luke wrapped up the win 14 minutes from time.
After the victory, Gabriel said: “Happy to get my 20th league goal of the season. It was a great performance from the boys and the fans were amazing once again.”
Haringey will hope for more goals from Gabriel this Saturday when they travel to play-off rivals Dereham.
The Magpies thrashed Grays Athletic 6-1 at the weekend, but lost 3-2 away to Bowers & Pitsea on Tuesday and then suffered a 2-0 defeat at home to Soham Town Rangers last night.
After travelling to Norfolk on Saturday, Borough have a closer journey to make next Monday (April 16) as they visit in-form Aveley.
James Webster’s team have won five of their last eight games in Bostik North and pushed Haringey close in the previous encounter on January 8 as Loizou’s team triumphed 3-2 late on.
But Borough are also full of confidence after wins over Mildenhall Town, Waltham Abbey, Canvey and Tilbury in recent weeks, and they will eye more this week.