Bostik North: Haringey Borough look to secure play-off berth with away wins at Dereham Town and Aveley
- Credit: Archant
Ralston Gabriel has netted in four of his last five games and will eye more success this weekend in Norfolk
Haringey Borough will aim to book their play-off place in Bostik North this week in two more away matches.
The Coles Park club have had a fantastic last two months and it has moved them up to fourth in the table.
Borough now hold a healthy advantage over fifth-placed Canvey Island, but poor recent weather means the likes of Maldon & Tiptree and Dereham Town, both outside of the top-six, have games in hand over Tom Loizou’s men.
Haringey face Dereham this weekend, however, and know a victory away to the Magpies will virtually assure them of a spot in the play-offs.
You may also want to watch:
The north Londoners travel in fantastic form after making it four wins in a row at Tilbury.
Loizou’s side made the trip to Chadfields on Tuesday full of confidence and a Derek Asamoah goal earned them a 1-0 success.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
The former Carlisle United attacker grabbed his sixth goal for the club in the 62nd minute to down the Dockers.
That came days after the Coles Park club had defeated play-off rivals Canvey Island 2-0 on home soil.
Ralston Gabriel opened the scoring in the 37th minute and Lauren Luke wrapped up the win 14 minutes from time.
After the victory, Gabriel said: “Happy to get my 20th league goal of the season. It was a great performance from the boys and the fans were amazing once again.”
Haringey will hope for more goals from Gabriel this Saturday when they travel to play-off rivals Dereham.
The Magpies thrashed Grays Athletic 6-1 at the weekend, but lost 3-2 away to Bowers & Pitsea on Tuesday and then suffered a 2-0 defeat at home to Soham Town Rangers last night.
After travelling to Norfolk on Saturday, Borough have a closer journey to make next Monday (April 16) as they visit in-form Aveley.
James Webster’s team have won five of their last eight games in Bostik North and pushed Haringey close in the previous encounter on January 8 as Loizou’s team triumphed 3-2 late on.
But Borough are also full of confidence after wins over Mildenhall Town, Waltham Abbey, Canvey and Tilbury in recent weeks, and they will eye more this week.