Bostik North: Haringey Borough chairman Aki Achillea excited by FA Trophy draw against Leyton Orient
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Boro will entertain O’s of the National League in first round on December 16
Haringey Borough chairman Aki Achillea says it is a dream come true for the Bostik North club to have been drawn at home to Leyton Orient of the National League in the first round proper of the FA Trophy.
Monday’s draw for the competition threw up a glamour tie for Boro, who will welcome the O’s to Coles Park on December 16.
Tom Loizou’s men won through to the first round proper for the first time in their history with a 3-1 win at home to Thame United of the Southern League East last Saturday, with Jordan Edwards, Anthony McDonald and Michael Ademiluyi scoring.
Haringey now have an exciting match to look forward to just before Christmas, and it seems Achillea cannot wait to host Orient.
“What a fantastic draw for the club, this will help raise the club’s profile to recently unchartered levels,” he told the club website.
“Not since the 1960s has this club been on such a high and it gives the community an opportunity to come to our newly revamped stadium and watch top level football.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 5 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 6 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 7 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 8 Gabriel Jesus solves Arsenal's striking conundrum
- 9 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
- 10 Beauty and the Beast: Eyepopping heartwarming spectacle
“Make no mistake, Orient will be right up for giving us a pasting to get their season back on track, but I am hopeful that we have the quality to unnerve and unsettle them and I expect a bold showing from our boys.”
Before the excitement of the FA Trophy tie, Boro entertain Hertford Town in the league on Saturday.
Loizou will hope his side can return to ways after going down 2-1 at Potters Bar Town in the league on Tuesday, despite a goal from Ralston Gabriel.
Following the clash with Hertford, Haringey hit the road on Tuesday when they visit Heybridge Swifts in the league.