Bostik North: Haringey Borough chairman Aki Achillea excited by FA Trophy draw against Leyton Orient
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Boro will entertain O’s of the National League in first round on December 16
Haringey Borough chairman Aki Achillea says it is a dream come true for the Bostik North club to have been drawn at home to Leyton Orient of the National League in the first round proper of the FA Trophy.
Monday’s draw for the competition threw up a glamour tie for Boro, who will welcome the O’s to Coles Park on December 16.
Tom Loizou’s men won through to the first round proper for the first time in their history with a 3-1 win at home to Thame United of the Southern League East last Saturday, with Jordan Edwards, Anthony McDonald and Michael Ademiluyi scoring.
Haringey now have an exciting match to look forward to just before Christmas, and it seems Achillea cannot wait to host Orient.
You may also want to watch:
“What a fantastic draw for the club, this will help raise the club’s profile to recently unchartered levels,” he told the club website.
“Not since the 1960s has this club been on such a high and it gives the community an opportunity to come to our newly revamped stadium and watch top level football.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
“Make no mistake, Orient will be right up for giving us a pasting to get their season back on track, but I am hopeful that we have the quality to unnerve and unsettle them and I expect a bold showing from our boys.”
Before the excitement of the FA Trophy tie, Boro entertain Hertford Town in the league on Saturday.
Loizou will hope his side can return to ways after going down 2-1 at Potters Bar Town in the league on Tuesday, despite a goal from Ralston Gabriel.
Following the clash with Hertford, Haringey hit the road on Tuesday when they visit Heybridge Swifts in the league.