Bostik North: Haringey Borough 2 Dereham Town 1
- Credit: Archant
Resolute Haringey got the better of table-topping Dereham at Coles Park on Saturday.
As becoming two teams in form, both sat back to assess the other and the action never really got going until the second half.
There were chances for both sides but Haringey looked competent in dealing with the few Dereham had and should have had at least two goals themselves.
Anthony McDonald and Ralston Gabriel spurned the best chances as the first half finished goalless.
And the second half started as cagey as the first, with the first real chance falling to Borough on 65 minutes when a free kick from the right was floated into the box by McDonald, missed by everyone and fell to Lawrence Yiga to score.
Ten minutes later it was all square again as Dereham attacked on the right, the ball was crossed in and Jamie Forsham sidefooted home from the edge of the box.
The sides cancelled each other out after that, with hardly any chances until a stroke of genius by McDonald at the end.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 5 Gold and silver for a Platinum Jubilee party
- 6 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 7 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 8 Home of the week: Hampstead flat with garden for £1.25m
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
With the match heading into stoppage time, a tackle by a Dereham defender by the right corner flag might have led to a free kick, but McDonald reacted first and the referee allowed play to continue.
The Haringey forward entered the penalty area, jinked past three Dereham players and sidefooted in the winner.
Tom Loizou’s men visit bottom club Romford oon Wednesday, before visiting Sittingbourne in the FA Trophy at the weekend.
Haringey: Pajetat, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Yiga, Mitchell, Gordon, Ademiluyi (Heather), Djassi-Sambu, Gabriel (Coley), Richards, McDonald (Fenton). Unused subs: Kay, Byfield.