Bostik North: Haringey Boro 6 Mildenhall Town 0
- Credit: Archant
Haringey hit rivals Mildenhall for six at Coles Park to strengthen their promotion claims.
Ralston Gabriel’s hat-trick led the way for Tom Loizou’s men, as victory kept them in fifth place, eight points off Bowers in second with seven matches left.
Gabriel opened his account with only 17 minutes gone and Chinedu McKenzie doubled the home side’s lead just past the half-hour mark.
The second half was barely two minutes old when Anthony McDonald made it 3-0 and Andre McCollin netted Haringey’s fourth on 53 minutes.
Visiting Mildenhall, held to a goalless draw by bottom club Romford in midweek, had no way back and conceded a fifth just past the hour mark as Gabriel struck again.
You may also want to watch:
Loizou replaced McKenzie and McDonald with Derek Asamoah and Georgios Aresti midway through the second half, with Gabriel completing his treble from the penalty spot with 18 minutes still to be played.
Gabriel made way for Jordan Edwards after that, to the relief of Mildenhall, who managed to avoid any further misery in the closing stages.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 3 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit
- 9 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
Borough are set to make the trip to lowly Waltham Abbey on Easter Monday, after the Abbotts fell to a 3-0 defeat at Canvey.
Haringey: Pajetat, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Staunton, Richards, Kirby, McKenzie (Asamoah 64), Luke, Gabriel (Edwards 75), McCollin, McDonald (Aresti 65). Unused subs: Stone, Mitchell.