Bostik North: Haringey Boro 6 Mildenhall Town 0
- Credit: Archant
Haringey hit rivals Mildenhall for six at Coles Park to strengthen their promotion claims.
Ralston Gabriel’s hat-trick led the way for Tom Loizou’s men, as victory kept them in fifth place, eight points off Bowers in second with seven matches left.
Gabriel opened his account with only 17 minutes gone and Chinedu McKenzie doubled the home side’s lead just past the half-hour mark.
The second half was barely two minutes old when Anthony McDonald made it 3-0 and Andre McCollin netted Haringey’s fourth on 53 minutes.
Visiting Mildenhall, held to a goalless draw by bottom club Romford in midweek, had no way back and conceded a fifth just past the hour mark as Gabriel struck again.
You may also want to watch:
Loizou replaced McKenzie and McDonald with Derek Asamoah and Georgios Aresti midway through the second half, with Gabriel completing his treble from the penalty spot with 18 minutes still to be played.
Gabriel made way for Jordan Edwards after that, to the relief of Mildenhall, who managed to avoid any further misery in the closing stages.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
Borough are set to make the trip to lowly Waltham Abbey on Easter Monday, after the Abbotts fell to a 3-0 defeat at Canvey.
Haringey: Pajetat, Olufemi, O’Donoghue, Staunton, Richards, Kirby, McKenzie (Asamoah 64), Luke, Gabriel (Edwards 75), McCollin, McDonald (Aresti 65). Unused subs: Stone, Mitchell.