Confidence is 'sky high' at Wingate ahead of Bognor Regis trip
- Credit: Martin Addison
Confidence is "sky high" right now insists Wingate & Finchley manager Marc Weatherstone as they head into a clash with Bognor Regis Town.
The Blues will make the long trip to Nyewood Lane on Saturday as they look to build on back-to-back wins as they sealed a victory over leaders Kingstonian and continued their progress in the FA Cup.
But the boss knows it will prove to be another tough test for his side.
“It was a great week, our performance on Tuesday night against Kingstonain was everything I asked for of the lads, our confidence is sky high and rightly so, the lads have put in a good shift this week and hopefully we can continue this short run onto Bognor.
“Bognor have always been a strong outfit, they play some lovely football and we need to match them but, as always, I’m fully confident in this group of lads to go to Bognor and get something from the game.”
You may also want to watch:
Wingate & Finchley sealed a comfortable 3-0 victory over Baldock Town in their second qualifying round tie.
Goals from Darnell Goather-Braithwaite, Dominic Sadi and Ibrahim Meite put Marc Weatherstone’s men into the hat for the next round.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 4 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 9 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
“You can’t beat a good cup run in the FA cup, not only is it exciting for the lads, it also helps us with some much needed revenue for the club.
“We will give all we can to keep the FA cup dream alive.”
Wingate have since been drawn away to the winner of either Leatherhead or Corinthian Casuals in the third qualifying round tie of the cup competition.
The ties are due to take place on the weekend of Saturday, October 2 with the winners receiving £5,625 in prize money, with loser still bagging £1,875 for their efforts.
But for now it's back to Isthmian Premier Division action as they look to continue building on their positive start to the new season.
It is a trip to Bognor Regis on Saturday then a trip away to Cray Wanderers on Wednesday evening as the fixtures begin to mount up for Wingate.