Bogdanovich handed Wimbledon wild card despite Queens defeat
GLOBE S Alex Bogdanovic failed to make the most of his wild card in the Artois Championships and crashed out in straight sets to Australian qualifier Joseph Sirianni at Queen s on Monday, writes Patrick Mooney. However, the British No.3 received a boost l
GLOBE'S Alex Bogdanovic failed to make the most of his wild card in the Artois Championships and crashed out in straight sets to Australian qualifier Joseph Sirianni at Queen's on Monday, writes Patrick Mooney.
However, the British No.3 received a boost later in the week when he was handed a wild card for this year's Wimbledon Championships.
"I did not serve too well against Sirianni and I think that is one area I will have to improve, especially playing on grass," Bogdanovic told Ham&High Sport. "Credit to Sirammi, he played well. He qualified and won three matches on grass. For me, it was my first match on grass."
Boggo, who is working with American coach Brad Gilbert, will continue his grass court preparation for Wimbledon by playing in the Nottingham tournament next week.
You may also want to watch:
"For me now it is a matter of bouncing back," he added. "I've been working hard with Brad and hopefully this hard work will pay off.
"The one thing that Brad and I have been working on is being aggressive. And if I don't do that I've got no chance.
- 1 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 4 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 5 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 6 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 7 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 8 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 9 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 10 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row