Wingate all set for battle of the Blues
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Keith Rowland’s team make the trip up the M11 this evening to take on Bishop’s Stortford
Wingate & Finchley visit Bishop’s Stortford this evening (Tuesday) seeking consistency in the Bostik Premier.
The Blues have struggled for form this season and suffered a defeat last time out at home to Lewes on Saturday.
James Hammond scored the only goal of the game in the 58th minute to hand the away side all three points.
It saw Wingate suffer a first loss since September 8 when Didcot Town dumped them out of the FA Cup in the first qualifying round.
You may also want to watch:
After that frustrating defeat, Keith Rowland’s men bounced back to win three games in a row, but Lewes halted their momentum last weekend.
The Maurice Rebak Stadium club will look to respond at the Prokit UK Stadium tonight, although they will face a resurgent Stortford side.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 10 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
Under the interim management of Jamie Cureton and Steve Smith, the Hertfordshire club have won their last three matches including Saturday’s 3-2 success at previous unbeaten leaders Tonbridge Angels.