Wingate all set for battle of the Blues
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Keith Rowland’s team make the trip up the M11 this evening to take on Bishop’s Stortford
Wingate & Finchley visit Bishop’s Stortford this evening (Tuesday) seeking consistency in the Bostik Premier.
The Blues have struggled for form this season and suffered a defeat last time out at home to Lewes on Saturday.
James Hammond scored the only goal of the game in the 58th minute to hand the away side all three points.
It saw Wingate suffer a first loss since September 8 when Didcot Town dumped them out of the FA Cup in the first qualifying round.
You may also want to watch:
After that frustrating defeat, Keith Rowland’s men bounced back to win three games in a row, but Lewes halted their momentum last weekend.
The Maurice Rebak Stadium club will look to respond at the Prokit UK Stadium tonight, although they will face a resurgent Stortford side.
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 4 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 5 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 6 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 7 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 8 Parliament Hill Lido Café on 'heartwarming' business life in Hampstead Heath
- 9 Hampstead Heath memorial to the band of brothers who fought fascism
- 10 Friends and family remember 'marvellous' Cate Haste
Under the interim management of Jamie Cureton and Steve Smith, the Hertfordshire club have won their last three matches including Saturday’s 3-2 success at previous unbeaten leaders Tonbridge Angels.