Wingate all set for battle of the Blues
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Keith Rowland’s team make the trip up the M11 this evening to take on Bishop’s Stortford
Wingate & Finchley visit Bishop’s Stortford this evening (Tuesday) seeking consistency in the Bostik Premier.
The Blues have struggled for form this season and suffered a defeat last time out at home to Lewes on Saturday.
James Hammond scored the only goal of the game in the 58th minute to hand the away side all three points.
It saw Wingate suffer a first loss since September 8 when Didcot Town dumped them out of the FA Cup in the first qualifying round.
After that frustrating defeat, Keith Rowland’s men bounced back to win three games in a row, but Lewes halted their momentum last weekend.
The Maurice Rebak Stadium club will look to respond at the Prokit UK Stadium tonight, although they will face a resurgent Stortford side.
- 1 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 2 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 3 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 8 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 9 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 10 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
Under the interim management of Jamie Cureton and Steve Smith, the Hertfordshire club have won their last three matches including Saturday’s 3-2 success at previous unbeaten leaders Tonbridge Angels.