Biggleswade Town 0 Wingate & Finchley 5: Blues cruise past Waders in FA Trophy
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
FA Trophy first qualifying round: Biggleswade Town 0 Wingate & Finchley 5 (Cronin 17, Ifil 39, Laney 45, Beckles-Richards 72, Rifat 90)
Wingate & Finchley cantered into the second qualifying round of the FA Trophy with a 5-0 win at Biggleswade Town.
The Blues took the lead in the 17th minute at the Carlsberg Stadium when Sean Cronin found the net.
Luke Ifil doubled the lead for Keith Rowland’s men in the 39th minute as Wingate took control of the tie.
The Bostik North club added a third before the break with Rob Laney netting in the final minute of the half.
You may also want to watch:
The lead was increased to four goals in the 72nd minute when Reece Beckles-Richards hit the target.
The rout was completed in stoppage time at the end of the second half when Ahmet Rifat scored for the Blues.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
It was a comfortable win for Wingate over their Southern League Premier opponents, with Rowland’s men now patiently waiting to see who they have been drawn against in the third qualifying round of the competition.