Biggleswade Town 0 Wingate & Finchley 5: Blues cruise past Waders in FA Trophy
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
FA Trophy first qualifying round: Biggleswade Town 0 Wingate & Finchley 5 (Cronin 17, Ifil 39, Laney 45, Beckles-Richards 72, Rifat 90)
Wingate & Finchley cantered into the second qualifying round of the FA Trophy with a 5-0 win at Biggleswade Town.
The Blues took the lead in the 17th minute at the Carlsberg Stadium when Sean Cronin found the net.
Luke Ifil doubled the lead for Keith Rowland’s men in the 39th minute as Wingate took control of the tie.
The Bostik North club added a third before the break with Rob Laney netting in the final minute of the half.
You may also want to watch:
The lead was increased to four goals in the 72nd minute when Reece Beckles-Richards hit the target.
The rout was completed in stoppage time at the end of the second half when Ahmet Rifat scored for the Blues.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
It was a comfortable win for Wingate over their Southern League Premier opponents, with Rowland’s men now patiently waiting to see who they have been drawn against in the third qualifying round of the competition.