Biggleswade Town 0 Wingate & Finchley 5: Blues cruise past Waders in FA Trophy
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
FA Trophy first qualifying round: Biggleswade Town 0 Wingate & Finchley 5 (Cronin 17, Ifil 39, Laney 45, Beckles-Richards 72, Rifat 90)
Wingate & Finchley cantered into the second qualifying round of the FA Trophy with a 5-0 win at Biggleswade Town.
The Blues took the lead in the 17th minute at the Carlsberg Stadium when Sean Cronin found the net.
Luke Ifil doubled the lead for Keith Rowland’s men in the 39th minute as Wingate took control of the tie.
The Bostik North club added a third before the break with Rob Laney netting in the final minute of the half.
You may also want to watch:
The lead was increased to four goals in the 72nd minute when Reece Beckles-Richards hit the target.
The rout was completed in stoppage time at the end of the second half when Ahmet Rifat scored for the Blues.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 5 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 6 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
It was a comfortable win for Wingate over their Southern League Premier opponents, with Rowland’s men now patiently waiting to see who they have been drawn against in the third qualifying round of the competition.