BIG MATCH PREVIEW: Nothing less than victory will satisfy Arsenal
Arsenal will be satisfied with nothing less than victory when they tackle Spurs in Sunday s early kick off at the Lane. Arsene Wenger s outfit have struggled to attain their massive expectations this season and, with 43 points, are well adrift of leaders
Arsenal will be satisfied with nothing less than victory when they tackle Spurs in Sunday's early kick off at the Lane.
Arsene Wenger's outfit have struggled to attain their massive expectations this season and, with 43 points, are well adrift of leaders Man United on 53 points.
But crucially Arsenal remain fifth, five points behind the in-form Aston Villa, and are facing the possibility of failing to win a Champions League place.
The Gunners have recently struggled to score and were held to a goalless draw against West Ham on Saturday. The stalemate immediately followed the 1-1 midweek draw with Everton at Goodison Park. Three days earlier Wenger's men were held to a goalless draw at Cardiff in the FA Cup fourth round.
You may also want to watch:
But goals tend flow in north London derbies and Wenger will be keen to avoid a repeat of last year's 4-4 draw after leading 4-2 with two minutes to play.
Mikael Silvestre, William Gallas, Emmanuel Adebayor and Robin Van Persie were on target that night with the latter trio continuing to hold regular first team places. Earlier this week Arsenal signed Andrei Arshavin from Zenit St Petersburg for a fee reported to be �12million.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat