BIG MATCH PREVIEW: Nothing less than victory will satisfy Arsenal
Arsenal will be satisfied with nothing less than victory when they tackle Spurs in Sunday s early kick off at the Lane. Arsene Wenger s outfit have struggled to attain their massive expectations this season and, with 43 points, are well adrift of leaders
Arsenal will be satisfied with nothing less than victory when they tackle Spurs in Sunday's early kick off at the Lane.
Arsene Wenger's outfit have struggled to attain their massive expectations this season and, with 43 points, are well adrift of leaders Man United on 53 points.
But crucially Arsenal remain fifth, five points behind the in-form Aston Villa, and are facing the possibility of failing to win a Champions League place.
The Gunners have recently struggled to score and were held to a goalless draw against West Ham on Saturday. The stalemate immediately followed the 1-1 midweek draw with Everton at Goodison Park. Three days earlier Wenger's men were held to a goalless draw at Cardiff in the FA Cup fourth round.
You may also want to watch:
But goals tend flow in north London derbies and Wenger will be keen to avoid a repeat of last year's 4-4 draw after leading 4-2 with two minutes to play.
Mikael Silvestre, William Gallas, Emmanuel Adebayor and Robin Van Persie were on target that night with the latter trio continuing to hold regular first team places. Earlier this week Arsenal signed Andrei Arshavin from Zenit St Petersburg for a fee reported to be �12million.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds