Belsize Park’s promotion is confirmed
- Credit: Archant
Rugby: Belsize Park’s promotion from Herts/Middlesex Division One has been confirmed, with the first team taking their place in London North-West Division Three next season.
BP led the league for most of the season, winning 19 of their 22 fixtures, but they lost their final game against title rivals Hackney in April and consequently finished second.
While the top two teams are usually promoted, only the champions are guaranteed to go up, so captain Tom House and his team-mates have endured a nervous wait for news of their fate – and they have received a positive answer.
House said: “The players and coaches are delighted that all our hard work paid off last season and we are enjoying a big pre pre-season in the gym before we head out to Regent’s Park on July 8 for the start of our club pre season.
“It was a bit of a relief to be honest. Hopefully next season we’ll finish top so we won’t have the anxious wait!”
You may also want to watch:
For more details about Belsize Park, visit the club’s website at www.belsizeparkrfc.com
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home