Hampstead return to winning ways with triumph at Beckenham
- Credit: Archant
Women’s Championship South East Two: Beckenham 17 Hampstead 20
Hampstead ended a run of two straight defeats in the Women’s Championship South East Two with a thrilling 20-17 success at Beckenham.
Wing Emily Taylor scored an early try for Hampstead, while some good pressure in defence made it look like the visitors had got off to a good start.
Beckenham, however, hit back with a try of their own to leave the sides level at 5-5 heading into the interval.
Hampstead started the second half strongly with another couple of good tries, the first from Jen Richards after a few barnstorming runs and the second through fullback Chrissi Ranke, who made an excellent break to score under the posts.
You may also want to watch:
Beckenham replied with a couple of scores of their own late on in the game.
As such, the final few minutes were dominated by a big shift in defence from Hampstead to hold onto the lead and close out the game after forcing a knock-on.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
Hampstead next host Meday on November 18.