Hampstead return to winning ways with triumph at Beckenham
- Credit: Archant
Women’s Championship South East Two: Beckenham 17 Hampstead 20
Hampstead ended a run of two straight defeats in the Women’s Championship South East Two with a thrilling 20-17 success at Beckenham.
Wing Emily Taylor scored an early try for Hampstead, while some good pressure in defence made it look like the visitors had got off to a good start.
Beckenham, however, hit back with a try of their own to leave the sides level at 5-5 heading into the interval.
Hampstead started the second half strongly with another couple of good tries, the first from Jen Richards after a few barnstorming runs and the second through fullback Chrissi Ranke, who made an excellent break to score under the posts.
You may also want to watch:
Beckenham replied with a couple of scores of their own late on in the game.
As such, the final few minutes were dominated by a big shift in defence from Hampstead to hold onto the lead and close out the game after forcing a knock-on.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 7 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
Hampstead next host Meday on November 18.