Hampstead return to winning ways with triumph at Beckenham
- Credit: Archant
Women’s Championship South East Two: Beckenham 17 Hampstead 20
Hampstead ended a run of two straight defeats in the Women’s Championship South East Two with a thrilling 20-17 success at Beckenham.
Wing Emily Taylor scored an early try for Hampstead, while some good pressure in defence made it look like the visitors had got off to a good start.
Beckenham, however, hit back with a try of their own to leave the sides level at 5-5 heading into the interval.
Hampstead started the second half strongly with another couple of good tries, the first from Jen Richards after a few barnstorming runs and the second through fullback Chrissi Ranke, who made an excellent break to score under the posts.
You may also want to watch:
Beckenham replied with a couple of scores of their own late on in the game.
As such, the final few minutes were dominated by a big shift in defence from Hampstead to hold onto the lead and close out the game after forcing a knock-on.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
Hampstead next host Meday on November 18.