Hampstead return to winning ways with triumph at Beckenham
- Credit: Archant
Women’s Championship South East Two: Beckenham 17 Hampstead 20
Hampstead ended a run of two straight defeats in the Women’s Championship South East Two with a thrilling 20-17 success at Beckenham.
Wing Emily Taylor scored an early try for Hampstead, while some good pressure in defence made it look like the visitors had got off to a good start.
Beckenham, however, hit back with a try of their own to leave the sides level at 5-5 heading into the interval.
Hampstead started the second half strongly with another couple of good tries, the first from Jen Richards after a few barnstorming runs and the second through fullback Chrissi Ranke, who made an excellent break to score under the posts.
You may also want to watch:
Beckenham replied with a couple of scores of their own late on in the game.
As such, the final few minutes were dominated by a big shift in defence from Hampstead to hold onto the lead and close out the game after forcing a knock-on.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Hampstead next host Meday on November 18.