Hampstead return to winning ways with triumph at Beckenham
- Credit: Archant
Women’s Championship South East Two: Beckenham 17 Hampstead 20
Hampstead ended a run of two straight defeats in the Women’s Championship South East Two with a thrilling 20-17 success at Beckenham.
Wing Emily Taylor scored an early try for Hampstead, while some good pressure in defence made it look like the visitors had got off to a good start.
Beckenham, however, hit back with a try of their own to leave the sides level at 5-5 heading into the interval.
Hampstead started the second half strongly with another couple of good tries, the first from Jen Richards after a few barnstorming runs and the second through fullback Chrissi Ranke, who made an excellent break to score under the posts.
You may also want to watch:
Beckenham replied with a couple of scores of their own late on in the game.
As such, the final few minutes were dominated by a big shift in defence from Hampstead to hold onto the lead and close out the game after forcing a knock-on.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 6 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 7 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
Hampstead next host Meday on November 18.