Basketball: Haringey Hawks need funding help
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Hawks under-16s got the new Premier League season off to a fine start with a 80-56 win over London Greenhouse Pioneers.
But although pleased with the success, coach Franck Batimba knows they can do better and said: “It was good to start the season with a win. It is the first time I’ve had all my players available as a number of them have been busy with regional tournaments.
“We still have a lot of work to do but I have a great bunch of players who are capable of achieving great things.”
The team visit Ipswich this weekend, then three sides are in action at Haringey Sixth Form College on October 7.
But they need help, with Batimba adding: “This year some of our costs have doubled so we have to work even harder.
You may also want to watch:
“The club was set up to engage the local youth and give them a purpose. A number of players have gone on to represent national teams, but we struggle to keep the club going.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep