Basketball: Haringey Hawks need funding help
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Hawks under-16s got the new Premier League season off to a fine start with a 80-56 win over London Greenhouse Pioneers.
But although pleased with the success, coach Franck Batimba knows they can do better and said: “It was good to start the season with a win. It is the first time I’ve had all my players available as a number of them have been busy with regional tournaments.
“We still have a lot of work to do but I have a great bunch of players who are capable of achieving great things.”
The team visit Ipswich this weekend, then three sides are in action at Haringey Sixth Form College on October 7.
But they need help, with Batimba adding: “This year some of our costs have doubled so we have to work even harder.
You may also want to watch:
“The club was set up to engage the local youth and give them a purpose. A number of players have gone on to represent national teams, but we struggle to keep the club going.”
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101