Basketball: Haringey Hawks need funding help
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Hawks under-16s got the new Premier League season off to a fine start with a 80-56 win over London Greenhouse Pioneers.
But although pleased with the success, coach Franck Batimba knows they can do better and said: “It was good to start the season with a win. It is the first time I’ve had all my players available as a number of them have been busy with regional tournaments.
“We still have a lot of work to do but I have a great bunch of players who are capable of achieving great things.”
The team visit Ipswich this weekend, then three sides are in action at Haringey Sixth Form College on October 7.
But they need help, with Batimba adding: “This year some of our costs have doubled so we have to work even harder.
You may also want to watch:
“The club was set up to engage the local youth and give them a purpose. A number of players have gone on to represent national teams, but we struggle to keep the club going.”
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned