Basketball: Haringey Hawks drive for five!
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Hawks celebrated wins in all five of their fixtures at the weekend to continue their positive start to the season.
The under-16s won their third South Premier League game when defeating NASSA 61-44 and are unbeaten at the top of the table.
The under-14s beat West Herts Warriors 92-52, while the under-18s defeated their rivals 85-57.
And two cup wins followed on Sunday, as the defending champion under-16s beat Surrey Rams 79-31 and the under-18s saw off London Newham Lions 85-37.
Coach Franck Batimba said: “It was a very busy weekend and some players actually played four games as I like to play them up an age group for development.
You may also want to watch:
“I was happy for my players. The boys worked hard and deserved to win all the games. We still have a lot of work to do but I am excited as we can only get better.”
The under-16s visit Sussex Bears on Saturday, as the under-18s visit Brent Ballers.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 7 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again