UCS chase another away win at Barnet
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys triumphed 26-22 at Thamesians on Saturday
UCS Old Boys go in search of more success on the road on Saturday when they visit Barnet Elizabethans in Herts/Middlesex One.
Old Boys collected just a second away win of the season last weekend with a 26-22 success at Thamesians.
Grit and determination was required for UCS to triumph in that match as they came from 22-5 down early in the second half to triumph.
Though Tom Arnold crossed for a try in the first half, Old Boys found themselves 14-5 down at the break at Thamesians.
You may also want to watch:
A try and a penalty shortly after the restart saw Thamesians extend their lead to 17 points, before Old Boys began their inspiring fightback.
Converted tries from Chris Bean and Arnold saw UCS move to within three points of Thamesians as they piled the pressure on the hosts.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
The winning score came from a penalty try after Corne van Vuuren was illegally stopped in the act of scoring a certain try to hand Old Boys a superb victory.