UCS chase another away win at Barnet
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys triumphed 26-22 at Thamesians on Saturday
UCS Old Boys go in search of more success on the road on Saturday when they visit Barnet Elizabethans in Herts/Middlesex One.
Old Boys collected just a second away win of the season last weekend with a 26-22 success at Thamesians.
Grit and determination was required for UCS to triumph in that match as they came from 22-5 down early in the second half to triumph.
Though Tom Arnold crossed for a try in the first half, Old Boys found themselves 14-5 down at the break at Thamesians.
You may also want to watch:
A try and a penalty shortly after the restart saw Thamesians extend their lead to 17 points, before Old Boys began their inspiring fightback.
Converted tries from Chris Bean and Arnold saw UCS move to within three points of Thamesians as they piled the pressure on the hosts.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
The winning score came from a penalty try after Corne van Vuuren was illegally stopped in the act of scoring a certain try to hand Old Boys a superb victory.