UCS chase another away win at Barnet
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys triumphed 26-22 at Thamesians on Saturday
UCS Old Boys go in search of more success on the road on Saturday when they visit Barnet Elizabethans in Herts/Middlesex One.
Old Boys collected just a second away win of the season last weekend with a 26-22 success at Thamesians.
Grit and determination was required for UCS to triumph in that match as they came from 22-5 down early in the second half to triumph.
Though Tom Arnold crossed for a try in the first half, Old Boys found themselves 14-5 down at the break at Thamesians.
You may also want to watch:
A try and a penalty shortly after the restart saw Thamesians extend their lead to 17 points, before Old Boys began their inspiring fightback.
Converted tries from Chris Bean and Arnold saw UCS move to within three points of Thamesians as they piled the pressure on the hosts.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
The winning score came from a penalty try after Corne van Vuuren was illegally stopped in the act of scoring a certain try to hand Old Boys a superb victory.