UCS chase another away win at Barnet
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys triumphed 26-22 at Thamesians on Saturday
UCS Old Boys go in search of more success on the road on Saturday when they visit Barnet Elizabethans in Herts/Middlesex One.
Old Boys collected just a second away win of the season last weekend with a 26-22 success at Thamesians.
Grit and determination was required for UCS to triumph in that match as they came from 22-5 down early in the second half to triumph.
Though Tom Arnold crossed for a try in the first half, Old Boys found themselves 14-5 down at the break at Thamesians.
A try and a penalty shortly after the restart saw Thamesians extend their lead to 17 points, before Old Boys began their inspiring fightback.
Converted tries from Chris Bean and Arnold saw UCS move to within three points of Thamesians as they piled the pressure on the hosts.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 4 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 5 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 6 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 7 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 8 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 9 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 10 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
The winning score came from a penalty try after Corne van Vuuren was illegally stopped in the act of scoring a certain try to hand Old Boys a superb victory.