UCS Old Boys end season with defeat at Bank of England
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: Bank of England 50 UCS Old Boys 17
UCS Old Boys ended the Herts/Middlesex One season in disappointing fashion with a 50-17 defeat at Bank of England.
Despite the final result, Old Boys enjoyed a lightning start to proceedings as tries from Sam Richardson and Aaron Hamilton saw them lead 10-0 after 10 minutes.
However, the Bank recovered and stormed back to hold a 17-10 advantage by the time the teams headed off the interval at the interval.
The gap then grew to 28 points early in the second half, before Tom Arnold offered UCS hope with a try.
You may also want to watch:
Looking to salvage a bonus point for scoring four tries from the match, Old Boys were given orders to attack at will.
However, that allowed Bank of England to further extend their advantage and consign UCS to a final-day defeat that yielded nothing.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
The season ends with Old Boys fifth in the table after winning 10 of their 22 matches this term and they will look to build on that heading into next term.