Asics London 10k launches new youth running initiative
- Credit: Archant
ASICS London 10K has launched a brand new running initiative for children called the Weetabix Protein Youth Challenge.
On Sunday July 5, thousands of runners will descend on the capital to celebrate the sport of running and for the first time in the event's 20-year history, children aged 7-14 can join the festivities and achieve their first major running goal.
Jessica Frey, CEO of Virgin Sport said: "The ASICS London 10K is Virgin Sport's most iconic landmark race.
"We are delighted to partner with Weetabix Protein at this year's event to bring people of all ages and abilities together through movement."
Places will be awarded to the first 1000 children that sign up to finish their challenge on race day.
You may also want to watch:
Another 1000 participants will be able to opt-in to finish their 10km virtually and all 2000 will receive an exclusive Weetabix Protein ASICS finisher t-shirt and medal.
Each child will be sent a record card after registering, which they will fill-in to log their running distance.
- 1 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 2 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 3 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 4 Hampstead and Highgate entrepreneurs to launch crime-tracking app Curbism
- 5 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 9 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
Entry to the Weetabix Protein Youth Challenge is free of charge.
Anna Cheatley, brand manager for Weetabix Protein said: "We are excited to join forces with ASICS London 10K and Virgin Sport.
"Families have always been at the heart of Weetabix so we're proud to help people of all ages get off to a strong start and power their way through their running challenge."
For more informatio, visit VIRGINSPORT.COM/YOUTH