Arsenal Women to play Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur in Mind Series
- Credit: PA
Arsenal Women will play Chelsea in a pre-season game on Sunday, August 1 as part of The Mind Series.
It will act as a double header with Arsenal Women kicking the day off at 12.15 followed by an Arsenal v Chelsea men's fixture at 3pm.
Funds raised from the series will be split between Mind and each of the club’s charitable foundations who all deliver projects to support mental health and wellbeing in communities both at home and overseas so in Arsenal's case the Arsenal Foundation.
£5 from the sale of each match ticket will be donated to Mind and The Arsenal Foundation with 25 per cent of this amount being donated to Mind and 75% being donated to The Arsenal Foundation.
Each organisation will use its donation to support mental health and wellbeing projects in communities both at home and overseas.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal met Chelsea three times in all competitions in 2020-21 with Chelsea winning two of the games with one draw in the Women's Super League at Meadow Park as Beth Mead put the Gunners ahead before a freak own goal from Lotte Wubben-Moy saw Chelsea come away with a point.
Tickets for the game will not go on general sale but only for Arsenal and Arsenal Women members on the Arsenal website it says: "Please note: Arsenal Women's members will shortly receive an email detailing how tickets can be purchased."
- 1 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Protests over Highgate housing plan but council moves to reassure locals
- 4 'That's life': Tao Geoghegan Hart on his debut Tour de France
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Hundreds raised for St John’s Wood shop wrecked by flooding
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
The last time Arsenal Women played at Emirates Stadium was in the 2019 Emirates Cup, when they hosted Bayern Munich Frauen.
Arsenal will also play away at north London rival's Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday, August 8 also as part of the Mind Series the game will kick off at 4.45pm after the men's fixture that has a 2pm start time.