AP well placed after victory
ALEXANDRA Park kept their promotion hopes alive, with the bowlers rescuing another victory after a second successive slump with the bat. AP won the toss and opted to bat. The plan seemed to be working...
ALEXANDRA PARK (122) beat HANWELL (107)
ALEXANDRA Park kept their promotion hopes alive, with the bowlers rescuing another victory after a second successive slump with the bat.
AP won the toss and opted to bat. The plan seemed to be working as skipper Derick Cordy and Alistair Wilson shared an opening stand of 68, but the wheels then came off for the second week in a row.
You may also want to watch:
Wickets fell as the change bowling proved hard to score against on a slow pitch, and Park's total of 122 looked 60 or 70 runs short of par.
To have any chance, AP needed quick wickets after tea and fast bowler Erik Van Dommelen struck early. Nigel Bagley (3-30) took two more and Bernard De Kock another two to have Hanwell 60-5 at drinks.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
Spinner Munish Grover and Bagley put Hanwell in further trouble at 80-8 and, although the ninth wicket pair took the score past 100, a catch from Cordy and a leg-side stumping from wicketkeeper Mike McGowan ended the contest.