Anne Keothavong bursts into world Top 50 after reaching semis
CUMBERLAND S Anne Keothavong has burst into the world s top 50 after her semi-final loss to Caroline Wozniacki in Tennessee at the weekend. Keothavong is up to 48th place in the world rankings despite failing to reach the final of the Cellular South Cup i
CUMBERLAND'S Anne Keothavong has burst into the world's top 50 after her semi-final loss to Caroline Wozniacki in Tennessee at the weekend.
Keothavong is up to 48th place in the world rankings despite failing to reach the final of the Cellular South Cup in Memphis. She lost 6-1, 6-0 to Wozniacki.
The 25-year-old is the first British woman to break into the top 50 since Jo Durie 15 years ago, and the talented north Londoner is now set on breaking into the top 32.
"I have higher expectations of myself now and I know if I focus on my performances the ranking will take care of itself and I'll keep climbing," said Keothavong.
You may also want to watch:
"I have so much more belief in my tennis and [reaching the top 32] is now one of my goals.
"To be seeded at Wimbledon this year would be an incredible feat, considering last year I just made the cut without the help of a wild card for the first time."
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally