Alexandra Palace will again host world darts championship
ALEXANDRA PALACE will host the world s first �1 million darts event in December - with Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship tickets now on sale. The World Championship will celebrate its third year at the iconic north London venue over 13 days of play
ALEXANDRA PALACE will host the world's first �1 million darts event in December - with Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship tickets now on sale.
The World Championship will celebrate its third year at the iconic north London venue over 13 days of play from Friday December 18 to Sunday January 3.
A total of 72 players will travel from as far afield as Australia, New Zealand, Japan, America and Canada for the tournament, which has a �1 million prize fund.
The 2010 World Champion will pick up a record �200,000 cheque, with reigning champion Phil "The Power" Taylor chasing his 15th title.
You may also want to watch:
"A few years ago not many people would have predicted we would be playing for �1 million but it's a very exciting time for darts as a sport and us as professionals," said Taylor.
"I'd love to be crowned Ladbrokes.com World Champion again and I'm already planning my preparation for the event - even though it's six months away!"
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
Over 2,000 tickets for each session are available, with around 30,000 fans expected to flock to 'Ally Pally' throughout the course of the tournament, which is screened live on Sky Sports.
"Whilst this was already the sport's biggest tournament, the Ladbrokes.com World Darts Championship is now even bigger than ever!" said Professional Darts Corporation chairman Barry Hearn.
"Since moving to Alexandra Palace two years ago, the World Championship has reached a new level of excitement for both fans, players and television viewers.
"We saw a nine-darter from Raymond van Barneveld in this year's event and the greatest ever performance in a final from Phil Taylor has he won the title.
"This is a must-see tournament for all sports fans!"
Tickets go on general sale at 9am on Monday June 22, with prices beginning at �15.
Tickets can be purchased on 0871 220 0260 or by visiting www.seetickets.com/darts.