Alex Goode returns to Saracens
- Credit: PA
Saracens are delighted to confirm that Alex Goode has returned to the club following his loan spell at NEC Green Rockets.
The full-back, who made 302 appearances for Saracens before heading to Japan, has been in Abiko since October but is now back in North London for the climax of the Greene King IPA Championship.
The 33-year-old has had a glittering career so far, gaining 21 caps for England as well as winning five Premiership titles and three European Cups with the Men in Black.
The 2019 European Player of the Year is excited to get back in the Black and Red shirt.
“It’s great to be in the Saracens family again and be back amongst so many good friends. When you leave you appreciate how amazing the club is and how big a part it has played in my life, so it’s amazing to be back.
"I had a great time in Japan and am very appreciative of the opportunity, but it feels really good to be back and I’m looking forward to playing my part in a huge period ahead for the club.”
Director of Rugby Mark McCall is pleased to see the full-back returning to North London.
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 3 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 4 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 5 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 6 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 7 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 George Michael's Highgate piano to be auctioned off
- 10 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
“We are delighted to welcome Alex back to the club after his experience in Japan.
"Everyone is aware of his huge contribution to the club over the last decade and he will play a key role going forward.”