Attacking midfielder Akinola departs Haringey Borough for St Albans
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Attacking midfielder Romeo Akinola has left Haringey Borough to join National League South outfit St Albans City ahead of the 2020/21 season.
The former Queens Park Rangers youngster joins former Borough team-mates Chid Onokwai in leaving the club for Clarence Park this week.
Akinola, who has also played for IFK Ostersund in the Swedish fourth division, was keen to thank the Haringey faithful.
“I would like to thank the entire Haringey Borough family for the love and support they have shown me over the past season.
“From the management team, to my team-mates and the amazing supporters.
You may also want to watch:
“I appreciate each and everyone of you! Wishing the club the best for the future.”
The departures could be the start of another rebuild for Haringey who lost a number of players to the National League South last summer and had to bring in an entire new squad.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 9 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 10 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds