Attacking midfielder Akinola departs Haringey Borough for St Albans
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Attacking midfielder Romeo Akinola has left Haringey Borough to join National League South outfit St Albans City ahead of the 2020/21 season.
The former Queens Park Rangers youngster joins former Borough team-mates Chid Onokwai in leaving the club for Clarence Park this week.
Akinola, who has also played for IFK Ostersund in the Swedish fourth division, was keen to thank the Haringey faithful.
“I would like to thank the entire Haringey Borough family for the love and support they have shown me over the past season.
“From the management team, to my team-mates and the amazing supporters.
“I appreciate each and everyone of you! Wishing the club the best for the future.”
The departures could be the start of another rebuild for Haringey who lost a number of players to the National League South last summer and had to bring in an entire new squad.
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 3 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 4 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 5 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 6 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 7 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 8 'Facile questions and ludicrous voices of opposition for "balance"'
- 9 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 10 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell