Attacking midfielder Akinola departs Haringey Borough for St Albans
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Attacking midfielder Romeo Akinola has left Haringey Borough to join National League South outfit St Albans City ahead of the 2020/21 season.
The former Queens Park Rangers youngster joins former Borough team-mates Chid Onokwai in leaving the club for Clarence Park this week.
Akinola, who has also played for IFK Ostersund in the Swedish fourth division, was keen to thank the Haringey faithful.
“I would like to thank the entire Haringey Borough family for the love and support they have shown me over the past season.
“From the management team, to my team-mates and the amazing supporters.
You may also want to watch:
“I appreciate each and everyone of you! Wishing the club the best for the future.”
The departures could be the start of another rebuild for Haringey who lost a number of players to the National League South last summer and had to bring in an entire new squad.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 7 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath