Attacking midfielder Akinola departs Haringey Borough for St Albans
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Attacking midfielder Romeo Akinola has left Haringey Borough to join National League South outfit St Albans City ahead of the 2020/21 season.
The former Queens Park Rangers youngster joins former Borough team-mates Chid Onokwai in leaving the club for Clarence Park this week.
Akinola, who has also played for IFK Ostersund in the Swedish fourth division, was keen to thank the Haringey faithful.
“I would like to thank the entire Haringey Borough family for the love and support they have shown me over the past season.
“From the management team, to my team-mates and the amazing supporters.
You may also want to watch:
“I appreciate each and everyone of you! Wishing the club the best for the future.”
The departures could be the start of another rebuild for Haringey who lost a number of players to the National League South last summer and had to bring in an entire new squad.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 10 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister