Attacking midfielder Akinola departs Haringey Borough for St Albans
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Attacking midfielder Romeo Akinola has left Haringey Borough to join National League South outfit St Albans City ahead of the 2020/21 season.
The former Queens Park Rangers youngster joins former Borough team-mates Chid Onokwai in leaving the club for Clarence Park this week.
Akinola, who has also played for IFK Ostersund in the Swedish fourth division, was keen to thank the Haringey faithful.
“I would like to thank the entire Haringey Borough family for the love and support they have shown me over the past season.
“From the management team, to my team-mates and the amazing supporters.
You may also want to watch:
“I appreciate each and everyone of you! Wishing the club the best for the future.”
The departures could be the start of another rebuild for Haringey who lost a number of players to the National League South last summer and had to bring in an entire new squad.
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 6 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 7 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 8 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect