Adams set to fight for world title in October
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police flyweight Nicola Adams will return to the ring at the Leicester Arena on October 6.
The 35-year-old will face an as yet unnamed opponent, but the bout will be for either a world or interim world title at super flyweight.
The bout will be just Adams’ fifth bout since joining the pro ranks after winning a second Olympic gold medal in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
Known as The Lioness, Adams was last in action in her hometown of Leeds in May, when she stopped Soledad del Valle Frias in the first round.
You may also want to watch:
Adams has only been taken the distance once in her four fights as a pro, beating Virginia Carcamo on points in her debut bout in April 2017.
Adams’ fight will take place on a Frank Warren bill which will be screened live on BT Sport and headlined by the super lightweight bout between Ohara Davies and Jack Catterall.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos