Adams set to fight for world title in October
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police flyweight Nicola Adams will return to the ring at the Leicester Arena on October 6.
The 35-year-old will face an as yet unnamed opponent, but the bout will be for either a world or interim world title at super flyweight.
The bout will be just Adams’ fifth bout since joining the pro ranks after winning a second Olympic gold medal in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
Known as The Lioness, Adams was last in action in her hometown of Leeds in May, when she stopped Soledad del Valle Frias in the first round.
Adams has only been taken the distance once in her four fights as a pro, beating Virginia Carcamo on points in her debut bout in April 2017.
Adams’ fight will take place on a Frank Warren bill which will be screened live on BT Sport and headlined by the super lightweight bout between Ohara Davies and Jack Catterall.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 4 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 5 Barnet chemist named independent pharmacy of the year
- 6 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 7 Masked-up Boris Johnson poses for selfies at Wood Green care centre
- 8 Highgate's new butcher offers wine pairing and cooking advice
- 9 Two people flee in Finchley flat fire caused by faulty radiator
- 10 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight