Adams set to fight for world title in October
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police flyweight Nicola Adams will return to the ring at the Leicester Arena on October 6.
The 35-year-old will face an as yet unnamed opponent, but the bout will be for either a world or interim world title at super flyweight.
The bout will be just Adams’ fifth bout since joining the pro ranks after winning a second Olympic gold medal in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
Known as The Lioness, Adams was last in action in her hometown of Leeds in May, when she stopped Soledad del Valle Frias in the first round.
You may also want to watch:
Adams has only been taken the distance once in her four fights as a pro, beating Virginia Carcamo on points in her debut bout in April 2017.
Adams’ fight will take place on a Frank Warren bill which will be screened live on BT Sport and headlined by the super lightweight bout between Ohara Davies and Jack Catterall.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Good Karma: Charity shop opens in former Gap in Hampstead High Street