Adams set to fight for world title in October
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police flyweight Nicola Adams will return to the ring at the Leicester Arena on October 6.
The 35-year-old will face an as yet unnamed opponent, but the bout will be for either a world or interim world title at super flyweight.
The bout will be just Adams’ fifth bout since joining the pro ranks after winning a second Olympic gold medal in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
Known as The Lioness, Adams was last in action in her hometown of Leeds in May, when she stopped Soledad del Valle Frias in the first round.
You may also want to watch:
Adams has only been taken the distance once in her four fights as a pro, beating Virginia Carcamo on points in her debut bout in April 2017.
Adams’ fight will take place on a Frank Warren bill which will be screened live on BT Sport and headlined by the super lightweight bout between Ohara Davies and Jack Catterall.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83